What's new

The end of no way out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I just came off the phone with my sister asking her about her trip to thorpe park. And she said no way out now runs with its lights on. Now I havent been on no way out with the lights on before but surely this completely ruins the ride, which wasnt very good in the first place! Do you think this could signify the end of no way out?

Ollie

CF Legend
Nah X://No Way Out is staying at the park for at least the next 5 years. Even though it's crap people still ride it and the GP seem to love it and give it big queues.
The fact it's running with it's lights on doesn't mean they're about to get rid of the ride. It may of only been for that ride or a while so staff or mechanics can check something. Or the fact they forgot to turn the lights off for a bit. :p

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Apparently the bag person said the lights were on due to too many people ouking up. And the reason why I say could it get closed down, is due to the fact a ton of people complained.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nah X://No Way Out is staying at the park for at least the next 5 years. Even though it's crap people still ride it and the GP seem to love it and give it big queues.

You could have any crap coaster in a popular park like Thorpe and it would still have a long queue.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I've done it with the lights on when someone requested it, being that they were scared of the dark. That was back in the days when the console box was by the queue. From what I remember, its basically a concrete floor, blue track, orange cables lines that follow the track, fans and misters everywhere, with a few 802 Bose speakers.

I don't think it has long left. Something was said 2 years ago (non forum) about it going soon, but that turned to nothing. Its quite reliable and the ride is slightly fun, so I don't see why they would loose the actual ride itself. It needs an upgrade though, if anything. It would be very easy to do something like Rock 'n' Rollercoaster or The Mummy.

I personally wouldn't even mind another branded ride if it means something happens to it.

Ollie

CF Legend
In the MTDP XNWO is still on the park maps and layouts though. So I don't think it's going any time soon.
This rumour comes up every single year though. We all want it to be true but I think Thorpe are thinking of expanding their land and adding new rides before replacing existing ones.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
This rumour comes up constantly, with very little to nothing to back it up. The fact that the lights were on for a single ride, a few rides, all day or all week means **** all.

We don't need this topic to fill with "when I went on _______ the lights were on/off", as it's completely seperate to what the title and original post implies, so I'm locking this.

If anyone wants to start a topic based around lights on/off, then feel free to go ahead. Just make sure it goes in the relevannt forum area.

Status
Not open for further replies.