What's new

The best/most comfortable restraints?

Nick P

Mega Poster
I haven't found a thread about this yet, so I decided to ask what restraints give riders the best/most comfortable experience in your opinion. For me it would have to be Intamin's lap bars featured on MF, TTD, Xcelerator, ect. They give you a lot of freedom to move around and are quite comfortable.

bmac

Giga Poster
Coney Island Cyclone's seats. Sooooooooo plush <3 but doesn't do much when you're riding. Skyrush is also on that list due to the thigh crunch I got when I rode it, hopefully that changes when I go next year.

Current coaster seats I would definitely agree on TTD, that's the top one for comfort during the entire ride (if only there were more seats made like that (i305...)). The B&M Clamshells are also not half bad.

TilenB

Strata Poster
For me absolutely Blue Fires, only lapbars, plus they measure your heartbeat (at least they should)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Clamshells, epic.
Mack, very very comfortable.
B&M Flyers, don't know why, but I really like it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, Bluefire's were fantastically comfortable, lovely seats and restraints. Again, the B&M clamshells are lovely.

Thread over :p

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Blue Fires restraints are the best IMO. I don't like the new B&M wing coaster restraints as they push down on your shoulders and they lock very tightly through the ride. The train got left on Raptors break run for a while and i was almost gasping for breath as they were so tight on my shoulders.

kimahri

CF Legend
Clamshells are alright, I guess. Phoenix is silly in terms of comfort. I kinda like Flyers where they're down and not being Six Flagsy.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I actually also really like B&M flyers, glad Tom mentioned those. I'll throw out Verbolten's restraints as well, which I thought were nice & pleasantly roomy.

And agreed on B&M clamshells, Millennium Flyers, Intamin T-bars, yada yada...

Nick P

Mega Poster
^
I was disappointed at the fact that the restraints were pretty uncomfortable, but they didn't detract from my experience too much tbh. Yes, of course Skyrush would be better with more comfortable restraints, but a bit of a thigh crunch isn't going to kill you.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Nick P said:
^
I was disappointed at the fact that the restraints were pretty uncomfortable, but they didn't detract from my experience too much tbh. Yes, of course Skyrush would be better with more comfortable restraints, but a bit of a thigh crunch isn't going to kill you.

Did you ride it before or after the extra padding was added?

Nick P

Mega Poster
Nope. My comment was based on my own personal experience. I have no clue how my experience compares to someone who rode Skyrush with the non padded restraints. I'm assuming the old restraints were quite painful. How bad were they though? With the padded restraints, I didn't have any major problems up until the last airtime hill. That was when I began thinking, "Get me off this thing."

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Nick P said:
Nope. My comment was based on my own personal experience. I have no clue how my experience compares to someone who rode Skyrush with the non padded restraints. I'm assuming the old restraints were quite painful. How bad were they though? With the padded restraints, I didn't have any major problems up until the last airtime hill. That was when I began thinking, "Get me off this thing."

Exactly how I felt. The last airtime hill was a killer, but the rest of it was amazing<3

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
CoastingChris50 said:
Nick P said:

Exactly how I felt. The last airtime hill was a killer, but the rest of it was amazing<3

I noticed a tightness/pain only on the brakes, and even then, it was only the first run when I (stupidly) leaned on the bar and made it really tight before we set off.

That being said, B&M Clamshells are suuuuper comfy.