Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best B&M Hyper coaster.

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Nemesis of oblivion, May 31, 2013.

1. GeodieCoasterFan

GeodieCoasterFan Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    will keep that in mind, D Back and Behemoth are my #2 and #3 coaster so very looking forward to Nitro and even though there not B&M's the Skyrush, Steel Phantom and Superman

2. MestnyiGeroi

MestnyiGeroi Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Phoenix
    Best Park:
    Knoebels
    Coaster Count:
    Some great coasters there, for sure. Where are you from? I just realized I’ve been misreading your handle for some time and assumed you were from Newcastle. :p

3. GeodieCoasterFan

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    I am from a town called south shields near Newcastle, I just mistyped my handle

Going on a second coaster trek with my wife next weak after going for the haunts last year at Kings Island, Cedar Point and Canadas Wonderland

4. MestnyiGeroi

Best Coaster:
    Phoenix
    Best Park:
    Knoebels
    Coaster Count:
    Ah, so I did have it right. Enjoy the trek!

5. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I'm no where near as large as you. I guess it was just running slow.

6. GeodieCoasterFan

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    I suppose the day I went it was a very warm October day and due to staying up late at the haunt the night before at Cedar Point we set off late so didn't ride till late afternoon so maybe why I found it so good

Thanks very much, hoping to also add steel force at Dorney too to my hyper coaster list

7. balrog

balrog Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Your bouncing up and down has nothing to do with your weight anyway. A whale is just as subject to airtime as a mouse.

8. zazobo

zazobo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Slightly off topic, but I've just got back from Europa and Silver Star has a considerable rattle/vibration. Very noticeable at the back, better at the front.

It's made me realise just how good Shambhala is, now that I've ridden Silver Star since.

Long live Shammy.

Peet likes this.
  9. Thecoasterrus

Thecoasterrus Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Helix
    Best Park:
    Walt Disney World
    Coaster Count:
    Shambhala, but I have only done that and Silver Star, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I think out of the many I haven't done, Behemoth is the one I would want to ride the most. The layout looks brilliant and it's location next to the small lake is a plus as the ride passes over it. Goliath at SFOG is a very close second.

10. GeodieCoasterFan

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Isn't airtime caused by the inertia force caused by the change from up to down?, so if two people on the same train at the same speed with the same change in direction had the same force acted on them the heavier would be moved less as the force would require more energy to move them

11. balrog

balrog Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Well, no. Because if two people are on the same train at the same speed, the force applied to them would not be the same, only the acceleration would. I know it's confusing but the "g force" doesn't actually refer to force but acceleration.
    The force applied to them would be proportional to their weight so 200 lbs man would be subject to twice as much force as a 100 lbs kid. Therefore, the bigger guy would get off its seat just as hard as the smaller kid.
    It's pretty similar to when you just sit on a chair, the bigger you are, the stronger the reaction of the chair is, so that whatever is your mass, you don't fall through the chair.

12. GeodieCoasterFan

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Interesting so by the same logic if 2 people of the same weight smash through a car window in a crash they will go the same distance?

13. balrog

balrog Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Indeed they will.

14. Hutch

Hutch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Yay I have a few more now.

1. Mako - The airtime is amazing and and over bank turns are fun, but what makes it even better is the lack of a seat belt. The ending isn't as strong but honestly there's nothing I'd change about this coaster. Just brings a smile on my face the whole ride. By far the smoothest of them all as well.

2. Nitro - It has a healthy mix of airtime and powerful forces, and the helix is excellent. Need to ride it again as it's been a few years and I've only done back row.

3. Goliath - Similar to Nitro with a great mix of forces, but the first drop isn't as good and there's a bit of a rattle. That being said, I could see it overtaking Nitro, just need to ride that more.... No MCBR is huge too.

4. Diamondback - Unsurprisingly, the airtime is fantastic but the the positive g-forces in between the large camelbacks are a little rattly. There's also a little trim that's a little distracting, but doesn't ruin the airtime. I like the water splash as well.

5. Fury - The first drop and treble clef are incredible, and the airtime on the hills and transitions are great. I wasn't a fan of the excessive positive g forces though. It tries to do a lot and it gets a bit much.

6. Intimidator - This starts off really well but the layout dies as soon as it hits the MCBR. Only three big airtime hills? That all you got?

7. Apollo's Chariot - This is getting a little awkward because honestly I don't really know if this is as good as the others or not. I definitely remember riding it and really enjoying it, but I don't know if I can make a fair comparison as I only had around 40 creds when I rode it. It's in desperate need of a re ride, but for now it's just stuck at the bottom. :(

15. MestnyiGeroi

Best Coaster:
    Phoenix
    Best Park:
    Knoebels
    Coaster Count:
    I may have said this before, but if you sit in the front row(s), the airtime hills are really great, but the ride dies after it hits the MCBR. But if you sit in the back, the ride has wonderfully forceful, whippy drops, and that lasts for the whole ride.

16. Hutch

Hutch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    ^I only sat in the first two rows and the airtime because I thought it would be better up there with the trims. I probably should've tried the back but didn't have enough time. But still, if the helix was replaced by a couple of hills it would've been much better.

17. DelPiero

DelPiero Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Front is definitely the place to sit on this one. I didn't get much in the case of whippy drops in the back, they were alright, but even Raging Bull had a better first drop in the back I thought.

18. GeodieCoasterFan

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Went on Nitro on my most recent trip and like the other B&M hyper's I have ridden I fully enjoyed it but I would rank it just below Behemoth and Diamondback

DelPiero likes this.
  19. DelPiero

DelPiero Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I need to get my ass back to Great Adventure, loved Toro and Nitro at the time, but that was before all the RMCs etc. Diamondback was great but I still feel Nitro gave the better full hill floater and that helix was damn good.

20. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Personally, I much preferred Nitro to Diamondback and Behemoth especially as Behemoth is somewhat spoiled by the trims but they are all good coasters.

My favourite is Fury 325 however as it has fab airtime and the overall experience is amazing - I had a front row ride as well which was particularly good as the rush of wind in your face added something extra to it :)