Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best B&M Hyper coaster.

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Nemesis of oblivion, May 31, 2013.

1. FistedColossus

FistedColossus Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Universal IOA
    Yeah Mako is class I absolutely loved it.

Is there such thing as a bad B&M hyper? I mean even if we had one of the lower ranked ones in the UK it would still be most peoples no.1 surely?

I’ve heard people say say Silver Star is boring but it’s still an air time filled 200 footer (albeit over a car park).

Matt N likes this.
  2. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Yes Diamondback and Nitro

3. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Thank you! I kind of had a feeling that that would be the case, as the vast majority of Big One reviews massively criticise the ride due to its lack of airtime, amongst other factors. I'll see for myself in August, though! Mako is just an airtime machine, though!
    Thanks! I apologise because I often worry that my posts will offend people or get removed by mods or something.
    Out of interest, do you mean that the reviews for Mako have gotten progressively better since opening?

Well, my personal conclusion is that Mako is a fantastic, smooth, forceful ride with outstanding airtime (the best and most consistent airtime I've ever experienced, as a matter of fact) that definitely deserves its place at the top of my coaster list! Let's just say that it's one of only two rides where I came to a conclusion about ranking the second I hit the brake run (the other ride where I instantly came to a conclusion was my present lowest ranked roller coaster, Colossus at Thorpe Park). As I think I said above, Mako makes me really excited to ride the other B&M hyper and giga coasters in the world!

4. Snoo

Snoo Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Yep! The first few I saw were kinda mum on it, but those tended to be hardcore enthusiasts and/or people who aren't ENORMOUS fans of B&Ms. However, as more and more people have been on it and the ride, you see the overall median feeling on the ride to be overwhelmingly positive. You could say the exact same thing is going on with Icon at BPB right now as those first few days and POVs were lame tbh but a lot of people seem to be warming to the ride quite well.

Matt N likes this.
  5. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Ah right. Thanks @Snoo! For what it's worth, my first ride on Mako was in August 2016 (on 23rd August 2016, to be exact!) and I loved every second of it, as you've probably guessed by now!

Snoo likes this.
  6. CanobieFan

CanobieFan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Boulderdash
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    I was on the second ever public train! (would have been on *the first* but I wanted row one... so I waited) and I loved it from my first ride. I was also there when Aobb Rlvey got yelled at for his camera glasses and after that, they made EVERYONE remove their glasses before riding... because the park had asked nobody to film on the ride, since it was under soft-opening still............. but someone had to be first to post a POV...(He was on the first train) and suddenly an entire website was saying the ride was "alright"because of that... LUL

Matt N, Will, Snoo and 2 others like this.
  7. Hutch

Hutch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Nah, Diamondback and Nitro are great stuff. Both have excellent airtime and Nitro's helix is powerful. Yeah Diamondback has a slight rattle at the bottom of the first couple hills but it's not a huge drawback.

I haven't done Raging Bull, but that looks like the only bad one out there. Layout looks meh, and the one big airtime hill has is trimmed.

If that's the case, that's hilarious. What a character.

Mako is amazing though. Someone mentioned Seaworld doesn't staple you in and that probably helps why it's so good. Some of the staff didn't even push the clamshell at all for me, only lift it to make sure it's locked.

8. FistedColossus

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Universal IOA
    Bad compared to the other hypers or just bad in general?

Did he call the ride op an obnoxious asshole and block them?

9. DelPiero

DelPiero Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    1 - Fury 325 - Duh, easily the best B&M hyper out there, the others are quite good but this really is exceptional. Some tasty floater as expected but this actually has ejector, direction changes and speed, glorious speed.
    2 - Nitro - I didn't experience major rattling which I've heard about so my rides were full of floater airtime through the whole layout, with the brilliantly forceful helix breaking it up. Love this ride, especially at night.
    3 - Silver Star - Similar to Nitro with a lot of floater but missing the forceful helix. Not a huge fan of the final S turns, but it's still fab.
    4 - Shambhala - My rides on this weren't great, except for the last 2 rides of the night, and even they weren't exceptional. Next time I go hopefully it will be warmer and run like it should, but it really doesn't like the cold it seems.
    5 - Intimidator - Any seat other than the front is a very poor ride. Front is good, nearly as good as Silver Star, plenty of floater all over the place, but ANY other row it's garbage, hardly any weightlessness at all. Don't get the fuss tbh and hence is near the bottom of the list.
    6 - Raging Bull - Ghastly. Awful layout, a sapping trim and a grabbing MCBR. That's without even mentioning the disgusting rattle this thing has on train 1. It nearly made me throw up from the rattling and jolting at the bottom of every drop. One of the worst B&Ms in existence, eeeeeew.

10. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah, Raging Bull is f**king s**t.

Snoo and Hixee like this.
  11. Serena

Serena Miss CoasterForce 2016 Staff Member Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Phantom's Revenge
    Best Park:
    Efteling
    Coaster Count:
    1. Mako - lovely airtime, always good no matter where you sit, cracking first drop, nice paint colours, super fun layout and so reridable!
    2. Silver Star - The last time I rode this it was absolutely flying around! Not exactly intense, but really really floaty and fun.
    3. Nitro - love that banked airtime hill and the helix.
    4. Leviathan - mega first drop, relentless speed, a tad on the short side though.
    5. Diamondback - pretty solid, some nice airtime, fun splashdown.
    6. Behemoth - good layout but a bit rattley.
    7. Shambhala - so much drag on the hills :/ and that sluggish ampersand element.

Matt N likes this.
  12. FistedColossus

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Universal IOA
    Fair enough that seems the general consensus in this thread. I’ve only done 3 and they’re all great so I just can’t imagine not enjoying any of them!

1. Mako
    2. Silver Star
    3. Shambhala

13. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Don't know when you rode it but every time I rode Nitro my ass didn't leave my seat. Same with Diamondback.

14. Hutch

Hutch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    ^Rode them both on hot summer days and airtime was great. To be fair I just stuck with the back seat for both of them, didn't get a chance to try out different seats.

15. Snoo

Snoo Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of most of them as I'm an ejector fanboy and not huge on floater. That being said, Raging Bull is pretty crap. It's like Fury had a baby that had it's legs removed before it could really run. The trims kill that ride.

FistedColossus likes this.
  16. EndlessWire

EndlessWire Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Pleasure Beach
    Got my first taste of B&M hypers this month and I have to confess I'm genuinely surprised that some people prefer Silver Star to Shambhala. For me, Silver Star was rather non-descript and dull while Shambhala basically redefined how good coasters can be for me. Great to see how tastes differ, though!

Will, Matt N and Peet like this.
  17. Antinos

Antinos Slut for Spinners Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah, I'm on the Mako Hype Train as well. I was one of the few who got flamed for saying it had a standard layout following the announcement and I did not understand the rave reviews from when it first opened. After a few rides back in March, it's clear that you don't mess with something that isn't broken. B&M have mastered the ride type and Mako is proof. The ride has a great pace, the airtime is relatively strong, and the ride is glass smooth from start to finish. It's certainly a highlight even with Manta and Kraken close by.

My list:

1. Mako
    2. Goliath (SFOG)
    3. Behemoth
    4. Leviathan
    5. Apollo's Chariot
    6. Nitro
    7. Diamondback
    8. Goliath (La Ronde)
    9. Intimidator (Carowinds)
    10. Raging Bull

Matt N likes this.
  18. GeodieCoasterFan

GeodieCoasterFan Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    You Must be a large gent as I'm near 300pound and 6'6 and I bounced up and down like mad on diamondback

Diamondback was class, didn't notice a rattle at all, first drop was intense, scenery was good, airtime was prevalent and the splash down put it down nicely.

19. GeodieCoasterFan

GeodieCoasterFan Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Hopefully all being well I will get to experience it in just over a week :):)

20. MestnyiGeroi

MestnyiGeroi Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Phoenix
    Best Park:
    Knoebels
    Coaster Count:
    Row seven is the best for floater air.

(Btw, I deleted my post because you were talking about Dback and I responded about Nitro — but just as well: you answered anyway.)