Yeah Nitro's pretty good, but intimidator is f in trash. Only 1 untrimed airtime hill. Garbage.Nitro and Intimidator bad hypers? BLASPHEMY! Nitro especially serves as an example that a B&M hyper can have a strong finish. That airtime run from the MCBR to the final brakes is pretty solid.
Well some rerides on 3 and 4 have changed things.Ahhh, yes. B&M Hypers.
1. Fury 325- Definitely the best of the B&M Hypers because it does everything a B&M Hyper doesn't. No gradual hills with decent floater here. You are ripping through these low banking turns followed by ejector filled hills. It is often a bit overhyped, but it is possibly the best B&M out there.
2. Shambhala- Ampersand is amazinggggg. The extra height and theming puts it towards the top of the B&M Hyper list. The hills provide great floater and is just generally a great coaster.
3. Goliath, SFOG- I would say this is the best "classic" B&M Hyper, for me at least. Both Fury and Shambhala are taller and have extra elements than the usual Hyper, but Goliath is right at 200 ft and has all the traditional elements. What this coaster does best is the mixture of floater and ejector. B&M Hypers' ejector is usually quite weak, but I loveee the ejector on these bunny hills. Plus, that insane helix. Overall, I'd say this is in the top 25 in America.
4. Nitro- This used to be higher, but my recent rides have been mostly duds. Still, it has the classic floater and some good bunny hills. However, there's a notable rattle and its forces are just weaker than before.
5. Mako- This is a quality B&M Hyper and likely the best coaster in Orlando (if they fixed that Yeti then Everest would beat it). It does everything right but also doesn't really excel anywhere. Very good, just good though.
6. Diamondback- Eh. Haven't ridden this since 2012, but I doubt it has gotten better recently. It had a bad rattle then in the back, and it had decent airtime but nothing amazing. I think the layout itself is good, but I just remember it being, well, unmemorable.
7. Intimidator- Boooo. No airtime for me, no forces, no nothing. Had good speed, but I'll take a ride on Fury any day.
Lol, I haven’t listed in here for 5 years. In that time:Only Diamondback and Goliath SFoG for me (unless we want to count Titan and Goliath as well :wink: ). Both are favorite hypers with great forces and solid layouts.
Apologies for the delayed reply- was off getting married and stuff.Weird, I've always had Shambhala down as a dude. Dragon Khan too. But Baco is definitely a bird.
Wait... am I really assigning gender to coasters??