Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best B&M Hyper coaster.

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Nemesis of oblivion, May 31, 2013.

1. Hutch

Hutch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Ah I must've misinterpreted your post then (thought you said it was your best B&M hyper). As for the park, I think most people would say Goliath is the best, but Raging Bull looks fun for what it is, even if it doesn't look like the best hyper.

Brad97 likes this.
  2. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    It's not even in the park's top 5 for me. The drop is good, everything else is blegh.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

3. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    SFGAm must have an insanely good coaster selection if Raging Bull doesn't even make the park's top 5! Mako is outstanding, so I don't see why Raging Bull wouldn't be amazing too! Well, it does have a twister layout as opposed to Mako's out and back layout, but twisty can still be fun! And twisty can still offer great airtime, if companies like Intamin, RMC and GCI have taught us anything!

4. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    I'd love if that were true. There's maybe like 4 airtime moments the whole ride, it's gotten a bit rattly, and has some awful pacing. I know a lot of people enjoy bull, and that's perfectly fine. I just don't enjoy it as much as other people.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Matt N likes this.
  5. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    So I'll presume you preferred Mako out of it and Raging Bull?

I don't personally think that Raging Bull looks like too bad of a ride from POVs. Sure, it looks to have a different style of layout to other B&M hypers. But B&M hypers strike me as the sort of ride type that always find a way to be great, so I'm confident that I'll enjoy Raging Bull if I ever get around to riding it. I am entirely basing that off of Mako, though.

6. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    The most disappointing part of the ride IMO is that you can SEE where it would be a great ride, but the trims just nuke all the good moments. When you see potential and it's dashed, that hurts it even more. Raging Bull is essentially a poor mans Fury, which is a great ride. You don't NEED a ton of airtime on a Hyper for it to be good. Fury proves that IMO. Raging Bull was ahead of its time and proved to be a bit too much without trims. As such. you get it's current ride. A dull, forceless, just.. experience?

Matt N likes this.
  7. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Oh right, so it looked Fury-esque without the trims on? The thing is, though, I couldn't really feel Mako's trims on the ride at all. Nor its MCBR.

8. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    It looked BETTER then Fury to be honest (I like but don't love it). It would have been a very unique but very powerful ride. Think of it more like a better Titan/Goliath from Six Flags fame. Its not airtime focused so it focused on power but when you eliminate the power.. you get get a glorified kiddy ride. As I said, you can see where the potential would be if you hit an element at faster speeds, but it just fails so bad it hurts the ride even more.

Matt N likes this.
  9. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Ah right. So B&M's strengths more seem to be in floaty, airtime-based rides unless you're talking giga coasters. Thanks @Snoo!

10. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Not quite? They do know how to make a mean airtime machine with high G's when it comes to airtime as evidenced by Fury. They tried but failed with Raging Bull is what I'm saying due to the trims killing all momentum. They just succeeded with Fury, which I think would have been just as good if it was a Hyper instead of Giga.

Matt N likes this.
  11. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Ah OK, I get you. Thanks for the clarification!

Snoo likes this.
  12. Kalistos

Kalistos Member

Best Coaster:
    RMC Tonnerre de Zeus
    Best Park:
    None
    We always complain it's trimmed, but why is it actually trimmed ? Park's requirement ?

Matt N likes this.
  13. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Possibly both B&M and park. The riders may have complained it was too intense and B&M may have borked the design a bit. Not sure on the specifics however as that was a hot minute ago.

Kalistos likes this.
  14. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Sorry to bump the thread, but I would be interested to know; how do people think the Hershey hyper might ride compared to other B&M hypers from the renderings we've seen? I personally reckon that from what we've seen so far, it looks like one of B&M's better hypers alongside the likes of Shambhala, Behemoth, Goliath (SFOG), Mako etc, but you admittedly can't be too sure until it's up and running!

b&mfanboy123 likes this.
  15. EpochEmu

EpochEmu Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Intimidator 305
    Best Park:
    BGW
    To me it looks on par with Mako (I’ve heard the most praise for Mako recently out of Hypers)- or better. B&M should be and are building better and better rides to keep up with other innovative manufacturers, since Hershey or another park could have easily picked a different manufacturer- Intamin has shown they could have built this, Hyperion or a little bit tamer would have fit, although I agree in this case B&M was the obvious choice to fit Hershey’s presumed needs. Mako itself is an example of building better and better rides like all manufacturers do, as I’ve heard recently that it’s better than Shambala. So I think this might be the greatest hyper or certainly one of the greatest... the more custom layout alone makes me like it more than Behemoth or Goliath. I think we can assume it will at least be comparable to some great hypers.
    EDIT: the only thing is, their Wing Coasters haven’t improved that much as no one else builds those. This has been talked about.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    b&mfanboy123 and Matt N like this.
  16. Hutch

Hutch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    I need to get a better look at the layout (maybe when they show it off more in a video next year), right now it's a little too soon to tell. I specifically want to get a better look at the first half of the layout, which was more or less hidden in the background of the reveal video.

Matt N, b&mfanboy123 and EpochEmu like this.
  17. sirloin

sirloin Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Fury 325
    Best Park:
    Carowinds
    Coaster Count:
    This is a tough one! I'm inclined to say either Intimidator or Silver Star. I'm inclined to lean towards the former due to a lot of great memories over the years, but Silver Star was surprisingly awesome.

FistedColossus and b&mfanboy123 like this.
  18. b&mfanboy123

b&mfanboy123 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Fury 325
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens Tampa
    Coaster Count:
    Any love for Apollo's?

No okay...:(

19. FistedColossus

FistedColossus Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Universal IOA
    Team Silver Star :cool:

Whilst Mako is mincing around a lake at the end, SS is ejecting you into the brake run.

20. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Is Mako or Silver Star better as an overall ride, though? I can't really say much as I've only ridden Mako, but I've seen wildly varying opinions of Mako compared to other B&M hypers, with some saying it's up there as one of the best and some saying it's down there as one of the worst.

b&mfanboy123 likes this.