Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Nemesis of oblivion, May 31, 2013.
I've never ridden one so I wanted to know which do you think is best and why.
Nitro is the best because the Six Flags workers up by putting my lap bar about 4 inches from my lap. It was some of the best airtime I have ever gotten yet so terrifying.
I think I have only been on 4, will be riding Bohemoth in 10 days....
Goliath over Georgia
Nitro is awesome, apollo's chariot is right behind it, behemoth is great, but Diamondback may just be a tad better than Nitro! If it is, then its by a hair! The airtime is great...
1 - Silver star (last year)
2 - Shambhala
4 - Apollo
1) Nitro - Amazing! Seemed faster then ther others, more airtime and intense helix <3
2) Shambhala - Good, but a bit underwhelming considering the height.
3) Silver Star - Also good, but a bit weak in the airtime.
4) Apollos Chariot - I was soo dissapointed by this one...
Well I'm riding Shambhala this summer, good to know it's being mentioned!
Only ridden Bull, and it's trimmed into mediocrity. Which is a real shame, as the layout has the potential to be one of the best. You'd think that our maintenance team would have paid attention after 14 years, but sadly not.
I've only done 4 of them, and...
3. Raging Bull
2. Apollo's Chariot
I definitely can't remember my bottom three giving me as good of a ride as Shambhala gave, so Shambhala is quite a bit ahead.
I've only ridden Nitro, but judging this thread, it looks like it was a good one.
I should get Behemoth and Leviathan this year.
Lead rides on Raging Bull during "warmup mode" with the trims still off.
First ten dispatches after maintenance turns the ride over every day run trim-free. In the Spring, before 3-train ops, guests on the first train or two get that mode, too.
Under normal conditions, though I like 'em all pretty similarly. Hollywood Dreams does surprise how good it is despite the smaller size, though.
I've only been on Apollo's Chariot. Loved every second of it <3
Super smooth, great floater, and really takes advantage of the terrain. It fits in there perfectly with its surroundings.
And although Leviathan is not a hyper, it does deserve a mention.
Y ridden Silver Star and it was quite good. It could've have some more airtime, but it is still a good ride
1. Apollo's Chariot
6. Raging Bull
The first three are almost tied. Raging Bull was so much fun on that day (it HAS airtime and NO trims).
There was nothing great about Nitro's layout.
I have only ridden Nitro and Shambhala. I thought Nitro was a bit more intense and had more airtime but I only got to ride it once and rode shambhala 8 times: you get a lot of floater airtime and the first drop is really long and awesome.
Re: The best B&M Hyper coaster.
Shambhala by a million miles, though I haven't actually been on bad on? Nitro was a bit gross because the helixes made me grey out slightly, but other than that they've all been above average as coasters go.
Of the ones I've been on...
1 Apollo's Chariot Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Pretty much one of my favorite overall coasters!
2 Goliath Six Flags Over Georgia
3 Diamondback Kings Island
4 Goliath La Ronde
5 Nitro Six Flags Great Adventure
6 Raging Bull Six Flags Great America
7 Intimidator Carowinds
(Riding Behemoth at the end of the month <3)
I know I've written a list out for this in an identical topic a while ago, but can't find it now. Anyway:
1. Behemoth - Great coaster, great airtime, loads of fun.
2. Silver Star - Clearly something has been done to it since a lot of negative reviews I've read. When I rode it last year, it had loads of airtime and I absolutely loved it.
3. Apollo's Chariot - I don't know why I liked this so much; I just did.
4. Hollywood Dream - Ok, so maybe not a hyper if you're going by height, but it's the same coaster type. Really fun little ride with decent airtime.
5. Nitro - Again, a fun ride. Let's be honest, there's not a massive difference between a lot of them.
6. Diamondback - A case of being overhyped I think. I liked it, but it didn't blow me away.
7. Intimidator - Actually really crap. I don't know why, but it was nowhere near as good as the others.
1. Leviathan (I'm counting it, deal with it) - just amazing. The height, the speed, the massed of lovely floater airtime... just amazing. Definitely more of a front row ride though for the best airtime.
2. Nitro - Just bliss throughout. The dirty helix I personally enjoyed.
3. Behemoth - This has a dirty helix too, and it's just as fun as Nitro's. Back seat riding is the best on here.
4. Apollo's Chariot - As 'fun' as it is, it's the worst B&M hyper (in a loose sense) I've ridden. The airtime is almost non-existent, although I was a fan of the layout.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who also thought it was overhyped. I liked it, but the airtime wasn't much yet it is SO praised.
Separate names with a comma.