The Beast or the Ultimate?

• The Beast

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The Ultimate

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Both are two of the longest coasters on the planet, both feature two lift hills, and both use the terrain to their advantage. I haven't ridden either coaster, but which one is better?

Ben

CF Legend
The Beast is probably 'better' but I'd rather ride the Ultimate any day.

They are quite similar really, just Ultimate is **** up and amazing, whereas Beast is just kinda cool.

Ultimate is definitely crazier. God I love that ride.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I ain't ridden Beast, but I love love love The Ultimate. It's such an unusual ride. The good bits are good, yet the bad bits are so bad that they're good. I love the way it kinda leaves the confines of the park and seems to trundle out across farmers fields. The last time I rode it, we overtook some dude in his tractor. Of course, on the 2nd lift hill, tractor dude caught up and took the lead again. Hee-larious!
Beast looks ok, but appears to be a bit more... what's the word? Ordinary.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ultimate. Beast is a pretty unremarkable coaster once you take the setting out of the equation. Obviously, the oft-hailed NIGHT RIDE is a cool experience, but as a coaster, The Ultimate offers more.

Snoo

The Legend
Ultimate although I've ridden only Beast. Its night ride now pales in comparison to others on rides that are actually good and the ride itself otherwise is.. meh anyway.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The Beast at Night! The Beast at Night! Praise the Lord! Although The Beast at Night is, as everybody has said, enjoyable and cool, it doesn't quite excite (or terrify) me like t'Ultimate does.

Imagine The Ultimate at Night...that would piss all over Beast at Night. It would make The Ultimate the ultimate!

davidm

Strata Poster
Ultimate is a joke coaster. A fluke put together by (well intentioned) clueless fools.

Beast is a historically significant work of art. A stand-out ride in the resurgent days of 1970s coaster building.

Beast >>>> Ultimate (but I still like t'ultimate)

Beast I've been on both at night and in the day, and even though the night rides blow the daytime rides away, I still enjoyed it during the day. Unlike Ultimate though, it's not exactly relentless and has literally no airtime. Ultimate is more unique, has airtime, and a ton of unforgiving turns, so on paper it's probably better, but had they been placed side by side I think I'd rather ride Beast.

So yeah, Beast.