What's new

The Amazing Story Of The Schwarzkopf That Just Opened 35 Years Late.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Time for an amazing story. 35 years ago a Schwarzkopf Jet Star was sold to Parque de la Ciudad in Argentina. The park was the subject of a national scandal during construction and its early years. The scandal involved misdeeds under the former military dictatorship and as a result, the park was never properly completed. Many of you will know the famous Intamin racing coaster Vertigorama from this park which was built but never operated.

The Jet Star befell a similar fate and was never set up. The ride sat there for decades until eventually the ride was sold and entered storage in Santa Fe (Argentina not New Mexico) and seemingly vanished.

Fast forwards to the present and the ride has reappeared, refurbished and repainted. Now incredibly 35 years after its original sale a Schwarzkopf Jet Star is getting its first riders. The ride is currently operating in Saenz Peña at Ferichaco.

As a word of caution... I'd turn the sound down a bit for this video :p

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Nice to see this finally got a home! Now if only we could do something about Vertigorama....

lachlan

Mega Poster
Thank you so much for sharing, great news:D

I always liked the look of these Jet Star coasters, they seem to achieve a lot more than the equivalent Pinfari Zyklon coasters do. I have yet to ride one though