What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

Artichoke

Mega Poster
I can tell this is going to be absolutely amazing. And 80 degree drop? Insane. They honestly need more rides like this at the Six Flags in Vallejo. :wink:

marc

CF Legend
furie said:
Looks slow, painful and above all... UGLY!!!

Could not have said it better myself, it also looks rough and really shaky.

Am looking forward to when Jerry gets on it so we get a good view of it. Some people that have said it was fantastic also said a certain coaster was in Denmark and it was not :) When people are getting a publicity ride they tend to enjoy it more.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Not too fussed about the trains... But the track...

It just looks... Unfinished or sommat... I really don't like it at all...

I quite like the look of the trains but I am not totally convinced by the looks of the coaster. The red rails stick too much and look weird.

Hopefully, this will make a better Texas Giant.

RCF

Strata Poster
A lucky member of the "Guide to SFoT" forums was chosen for the commercial shoot, and you can find some good pictures and even a video here.

Also, you'll find a very detailed report by TPR's Jakizle here.

andrus

Giga Poster
marc said:
Some people that have said it was fantastic also said a certain coaster was in Denmark and it was not :)
Are we talking about Piraten here? :eek: I thought all of the mega lites were praised! (not that I've ridden one myself) Or is there another "good" coaster in Denmark that I have missed?? :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Xpress said:
Last I checked, nobody cared so much about what the cars look like, as they do the ride experience. ;)
Aesthetics do matter.

It was separates this:

mfull1.jpg

hydramain2.jpg

p2149.jpg

From this:

5rv000412jrnf3g1s102f8.jpg

manhattan_express2.jpg

90nta0000h4afetsc5c3c7.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Not to worry, the same color scheme looks awful on Arrow loopers as well. :razz:

jeqeu70aui00lg00gba57n.jpg

Aesthetics aren't the thing that ultimately matters, but they are also not to be underestimated and play into a coaster's greatness.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Don't forget the name of the ride is also New TEXAS Giant. The cars fit perfectly for the location ;)

FWIW, the only train in the above photos that I'd consider aesthetically pleasing is Dragon Challenge/Dueling Dragons...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The cars are still big and clunky, and look disproportional to the track.

You are entitled to your opinions on how coaster trains look the same as everyone else is. :wink:

Newtrek5

Mega Poster
I don't give a flying crap how the ride looks. Give me speed, airtime, head choppers and one magnificent ride. THAT'S what i care about. This isn't universal, and it doesn't need to be. It should be a straight foward, adrenaline rush of a ride, just like the original.

Edit: How about that? :lol:

marc

CF Legend
andrus said:
marc said:
Some people that have said it was fantastic also said a certain coaster was in Denmark and it was not :)
Are we talking about Piraten here? :eek: I thought all of the mega lites were praised! (not that I've ridden one myself) Or is there another "good" coaster in Denmark that I have missed?? :p

I meant the floorless at Tivoli Gardens.