What's new

Texas Giant opening date confirmed

RCF

Strata Poster
Well I believe that the blue train is the only real full train that has tested (to my knowledge). Whilst they're all on the transfer track, I'm not sure all of them have.

Snoo

The Legend
Meh.. pacing drops off in the second half.. but it looks to have some nice pops of airtime.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I honestly think it looks nuts. I think it will seem a lot faster on the actual ride, but there's definitely going to be a lot of airtime on those hills.

RCF

Strata Poster
According to several at Theme Park Review (http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49813&start=2330) the commercial shoot was awesome and the ride is "amazingly smooth" and destined to be a "success". It also has airtime- and lots of it. From intense ejector to smooth floater moments. This has me hyped even more :D

AND I JUST MADE A CONNECTION!!!!!

April 22nd (Opening Day for this ride) is Good Friday, and even though I have school that day, I'm allowed to not go and take a note that says it was a religious excuse! IT'S PERFECT!

Lofty

CF Legend
Am I the only person who doesn't think this is sluggish at all? Yeah, the second half slows down slightly but it's not as bad as people are saying. Pov's never show speed to it's full anyway. I think it's looking great. That first drop looks fantastic!

A

Anonymous

That video could have been filmed with an empty train, and don't forget that this is a "new" coaster, a full train and a month of operation and it will go a bit/lot faster...

It looks a lot better than I expected, maybe this could give some iconic wooden coasters a new lease at life.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Am I the only person who doesn't think this is sluggish at all? Yeah, the second half slows down slightly but it's not as bad as people are saying.
I'm with you. Everyone is making it sound like it's so damn slow. Yes, after the MCBR the pacing drops off, but it's not terrible.
From what I've seen, I think it's turned out great! I applaud SFOT for trying something new!

RCF

Strata Poster
There has also been pictures posted to TPR (see link in post above) and also here although it's mostly people shots) but there's one good station shot. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/albu ... 5853440990 (links are being dumb; copy and paste in your window)

For more pictures see my link in the post above as Jakizle describes his experience.

P.S. he also writes that El Toro has met its match in airtime :wink:

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Man, I really love the new trains, they're fantastic looking...

197516_10150155616200991_65853440990_8628910_5788017_n.jpg

...except for those AWFUL plastic panels next to the seats. :roll:

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I can't agree more. They're so vile. They look ridiculously plastic and them shields are hideous.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Word.

Not a fan of the bulky trains, and get the feeling they may be the reasoning for the odd pacing.

I'll let y'all ride it and let me know. I am still skeptical on an elite status, but am sure it will still be a fun ride.

RCF

Strata Poster
^I've heard that although the trains are bulky, that they're VERY comfortable and the lapbars are as well as they're very similar to the ones on all the Tony Hawk Big Spin clones (now just Big Spin)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Still, I'd much rather have a roller coaster with good pacing and bad seating vs. good seating and bad pacing.

And yeah, the freaking train has scream guards/protectors. That is a cardinal sin for coaster geeks. :razz:

RCF

Strata Poster
Not so much scream shields as it is don't get your arm cut off shields :wink:

But I think it needs to break in. they still have a good like, 44 days until the ride opens so that is plenty of time to get it broken in.

Xpress

Strata Poster
WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT WHAT THE ****ING RIDE LOOKS LIKE?!?! WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST STOP BITCHING, AND SHUT THE **** UP.

Last I checked, nobody cared so much about what the cars look like, as they do the ride experience. ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Say you are good in bed but look like you got curb stomped by Jesus.. well.. you get the analogy.