What's new

Tesla, Feel the Power!

Ollie

CF Legend
loefet said:
Now comes the problem..... What to do next. :?

You can get me an Ice cream. ;)
42*C here.

Anyway... Just ridden it. I'm going to keep it short and sweet or I'd be going on for hours saying what I like. :lol:

BLOODY FANTASTIC PETER!!!

10/10

peely

Roller Poster
Is there a particular environment to ride it in? I ask this cos when i ride this coaster, i get killed by all the trees!

A

Anonymous

^ I use the Schwarzwald one that comes with NL1.7, but it's included in the package. It could be that your simulator is set to use the "Sunny day" environment, but it should be set to "Track Deafult". other then that I don't have a clue...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It. Was. Brilliant.
Stunning. It could easily get in the very top if you posted it on CoasterSims or something. Only thing I noticed was:
2e6d5996.jpg

Uhh....
daedee8b.jpg

Also, the monorail had one tree hit. Other than that, it was brilliant. Best ride and 3D's I've ever seen.
A solid 10 out of (anything lower than 3).

A

Anonymous

^ Ooops, my bad. FIXED!

And I have once tied and upload a track to Coastersims, and it didn't work so I'm not bothering with that site anymore.

peely

Roller Poster
^^^^ Cheers, that fixed it!

Firstly, let me say that the 3ds on this ride are very highly detailed. No wonder your poly count was pretty high! I commend your 3ds work, as it must have taken ages, with lots of patience along the way!

Secondly, the track work was also very good, as good as it can be without the use of tools. There were a few (2 i counted) minute pumps, but there would be no way you could get rid of these without using purely tools to create the track. I would say this is the best hand made track ive ever seen.

The layout for me was pretty good, I liked the launch before the lift hill, and the elements were well created. I though though that some of the elements seemed very similar and seemed to repeat themselves.

Im sure if this was a real ride it would be great fun to ride it!

The only downside for me, was the 3ds didnt interact too much with the ride, it was mainly for the queue line and the trip back into the station, along with the rides..

Overall - The marks:

BT: 9.0
Adreneline: 9.5
Originality: 8.5

A

Anonymous

^ Thanks for the review.
Well seeing as the track itself was done many moons ago, and that I have since evolved quite a bit, then I would have probably been able to remove those pumps. But the track have gone to far with both supports and 3ds that it would have been a pain to fix everything.

About the 3ds not interacting, I wasn't going for the Disney over the top theming but a more normal approach, which is what you see on most of the "themed" coaster's in the world, a highly themed station and area, but not much interaction with the coaster.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
I'm.... I'm... I'm speechless.

Absolutely no doubt 100% 10/10!!!!

The layout was fantastic, the 3d's were stunning, and the overall atmosphere of the park was so realistic. Plus, the cartextures were fab. ;)

100000000000000000000000/10.

A

Anonymous

^ They are your design so why wouldn't they, I have edited them so that they would fit my specifications, and thanks.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
^Exactly... it was sarcasm... :wink:

I noticed you changed the cartextures a little bit, but I don't mind.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Here we go:

Track rating:

A: This was good. Nice fun layout. It was almost 100% smooth, BUT (leave it to me to spot the track error :lol: ), there were a few bumps. In the middle of the loop on the norwegian (not the botto, the sides), there was a small bump, as well as in the transition. There was also a bump in the top of the immelmann, which just seemed kinda placed out there randomly. I did notice that the airhill before the final turnaround seemed kinda awkward, but maybee that is just me. The turnaround also didn't seem to flow well either. I've noticed this with a lot of your tracks, where the hill before a turn doesn't seem to flow into the turn. Maybee a bit of work on google, or rcdb may help ;)

BT: This was very good. Track was all banked properly, and the supports were great. Inversions all flowed nicely, but like I said, that final turn didn't seem to flow well. The track seemed to hug the terrain in the beginning, but whatever. Overall, it was a nice track.

O: Overall, you did well. Track was good. Supports were good. Colors were kinda overused (I've seen them in many rides lately), but whatever.

For trakc, I'd give you an 8.5/10

Now onto the 3Ds:

BT: This was good. A lot of the 3Ds fit right into place. There was something wierd going on with the pathways, like it was in an enclosed box, that couldn't be seen when you're at the level, but then once you fly above it, you can see something wierd. Also, entering the brake before the lit, the texture seemed kinda wierd, as you could see just the sims background, instead of whatever was supposed to be there. Might have just been my pc. I did notice that you took hardly any time to make elevators for the riders to get up and down from the station, so that kinda stood out to me. Also, the queue path for the ride was kinda hard to find, but I found it way the heck on the other side of the swing.

Overall, 8.5/10

So, the total rate is 17/20, or 8.5/10 total, :lol:

A B+ track. I'm picky about tracks ya know ;)

girrocks123

Roller Poster
Shut up xpress. I know you loved it :wink: lol....... I got a downloading error...but whatever. I am trying to figure out the problem...but eh.....its not that bad of a problem! All i have to say is that if stubborn, old, annoying sometimes, xpress liked it...ur good :--D

bob_3_

Giga Poster
LOVED this ride, firstly I'll give you my rating, as most points have been covered... a solid 10/10 I think. (not given that in a loooooong time).

It was after flying rough the ride and seeing how this ride would function in real life, so many ideas and it's executed beautifully, but it is SCARILY well detailed, like the hydrolics at the top of the drop tower! and the mugs in the shop. Just incredible. The theme was nicely original too.

But i don't think the trackwork was perfect. The layout was fantastic, a lovely blend of elements and a good skyline, but the corkscrews didn't flow how intamin corkscrews do. It is relatively minor though, but as you said the trackwork was done a while ago, and I know how scary it is to touch the track after starting the supports and 3Ds. Maybe one day you'll get bored and tweak it to perfection.

But yeah, keep up the work, it's inspiring.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Lets be honest here Loefet, I think most members here thing that a giant Thank You sound be sent in your direction.

:lol:

A

Anonymous

^ For what, Having no life at all?

I just have to accept it then... :)