Make Your Choice. If you dare...

• Tea

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Coffee

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I like both, really. I guess I've tended to favor coffee over time, though, so I voted that.

I take my coffee black, usually favoring darker roasts but I also enjoy lighter ones occasionally. I'll occasionally drink iced coffee, but then you lose the nice warmth which to me is an essential part of the coffee experience. And while I'm not going to pretend that I don't like the flavor of a latte or cappuccino with gobs of sugar and cream mixed in, it's not what I really go for. They just don't have the same 'umph' of a nice hot cup of black coffee.

I'm a little less particular with tea. I do enjoy hot tea from time to time, but generally prefer iced tea. Sometimes sweet (one thing I do love about being from the south is the abundance of good sweet tea), sometimes unsweet. Sometimes with lemon, sometimes not. And sometimes, I'd just rather have an Arnold Palmer.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Latte. If you think about it, Latte's are separate from Coffee and Tea. However if Latte's count as Coffee in this topic, then Coffee. But if it is the real way, eh, I think Tea just barely makes it. I marked Tea anyways.

Janey54

Roller Poster
I said tea, having just refused a cup from my dear father. I do like tea if I'm in the mood. It has to be early-mid afternoon for me to be in the mood for it. As for coffee, I love the smell but hate the taste. I once bought a coffee JUST to smell it.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I love tea. Probably drink like 10 cups a day at home and in the office. Good old Yorkshire most of the time, but there's a place for fancy Darjeeling or Assam (on a Sunday afternoon). None of those fruit varieties though and I can't stand Early Grey - smells like old lady.
Also, I'm a stickler for real tea leaves. We have teabags in the office but at home, only leaves are good enough. There is always a pot of tea brewing with a tea cosy on - it wouldn't be home without it.

Don't like coffee at all. Smell is ok but the taste is just too bitter.

Robinton

Roller Poster
Which do you prefer?

- Coffee also represents Cappuccino, Latte, Black Coffee, etc...
- Coffee can also represent Hot Chocolate
- Say wether you like your tea strong, with sugar, etc...

Me. I'm a Cappuccino man. With chocolate sprinkling on top. Yum, Yum <3

Let the biggest, greatest, showdown begin.

Nice poll! :) But in my case it's really hard to choose only one because I like both coffee and tea :) However I can say that I like coffee a bit more, I adore its taste, aroma and that energetic quality :D
I like the most of all to make it from good beans and drink with milk, sugar and cinnamon :p I like cappuccino, latte and ice coffee too but I drink that types not so often as my usual one :) And usually I make and drink at home, I like in case of coffee makers Mr. Coffee models like on these examples from Cozzy, I have this one for several years and it's totally ok for me :)

Mr.-Coffee-4-Cup-Steam-Espresso-System-500x500.jpg

I also wish I had a coffee maker with grinder but they're unfortunately too expensive for me...:confused:
And in case of tea I like the most of all green and fruit one :)

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I love tea. Probably drink like 10 cups a day at home and in the office. Good old Yorkshire most of the time, but there's a place for fancy Darjeeling or Assam (on a Sunday afternoon). None of those fruit varieties though and I can't stand Early Grey - smells like old lady.
Also, I'm a stickler for real tea leaves. We have teabags in the office but at home, only leaves are good enough. There is always a pot of tea brewing with a tea cosy on - it wouldn't be home without it.

Don't like coffee at all. Smell is ok but the taste is just too bitter.
EVERYTHING YOU HAVE JUST SAID. I Like you.

Ben

CF Legend
They're both amazing.

My routine is a coffee when I get up, an iced coffee at work when I arrive, a green tea at 11am, a fruit tea with lunch, another coffee at 3pm, another green tea at 4pm, a builder's tea when I get home, a green tea with dinner and then a fruit tea before bed.

I like basically every type of tea and coffee, the stronger the better. Like my coffee has literally three spoons of instant in it yassss.

If I HAD to give one up, it would probably have to be coffee because I don't think I could live without green tea, but thankfully that'll never happen.

Yes I do have a really bad caffeine addiction and feel ill if I don't have it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I am a big tea drinker. Tetley British Blend is my top pick; Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast is also another favorite. In the fall, I'll typically dip into Bigelow Earl Gray.

However, my wife is a huge coffee drinker, so I will from time to time go for a cup of joe, or even better, an expresso. We are quite snobs in that regard, and have a bean grinder, french press, italian coffee maker, and cold pour depending on our fancy.

Will

Strata Poster
giphy.gif

I drink a fair amount of coffee in the mornings. I dislike mornings without it, but I'm not quite as dependent on it as I have been in the past.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sorry that it's taken me four years to reply to this topic.

Why does one have to be better than the other?

I like a tea first thing because I find the effect and taste is gentler. Helps me to ease in to the day ahead. Around lunch time, I'll take a sugary coffee for an instant hit. By this time, the game is have a burst of alertness and energy. Mid-afternoon, I'll go for another coffee and then a tea around the time of my evening meal.

I'm not too fussy if my tea or coffee is instant, ground or whatever, as long as it does the job of refreshing and waking me up. I can't stand weak ass tea though, it has to be well brewed.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Hadn't noticed it was 4 years old!

Anyway - I like both, but do prefer coffee!
Have one of these which gets used pretty much every morning, and makes fab espressos;
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/70535/Sage™-The-Duo-Temp™-Pro-Espresso-Coffee-Machine-BES810

(not forgetting the most important bit:
http://www.anothercoffee.co.uk/products/item150550.aspx
(

also have a cafetierre at work, and one at home. (currently slurping a nice Mandheling Sumatra!)

out and about - I'll try and find a Nero, or if not a Costa - I'd rather drink instant than go to starbucks though :-(' , good independent espresso shops are quite hard to find - cafe vergnano in london is very good, and interestingly both Grona lund and Liseberg have excellent coffee.

Last edited:

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
coffee is ok but not great, it has to be milky

Tea is perfect. A slight amount of sugar makes it even better.

I love hot chocolate too and a horlicks before bed <3

So when I replied to this topic 4 years ago, I was wrong.

Coffee first thing every morning, and then with lunch too, I usually have instant because, well, it's instant, but if I could be arsed I'd definitely want proper filter coffee, I had an amazing Kenyan coffee the other day at a friend's, it was amazing. I have cut down how much coffee I drink, during my last 10 weeks at uni I was finding I was having 6 or more mugs a day, and my Shambhala mug is little short of a bucket, and when I went to Estonia and drank hardly any, the withdrawal symptoms were real :(

Tea is an evening drink for me, @Ploddish took me to a tea place in Glasgow earlier this week, my tea was rather nice although I have no idea what it was...from Afghanistan though I think.

To cut all of that short, neither is my favourite, but coffee is just usually my go to.