What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
tayto-park-013.jpg

The new rollercoasters planning permission (which was appealed by some local residents) is due to be decided during the start of next month. In the picture of the "sky glider" above the new coasters will be located in that large green area on the left with bridges over the small river that separates the land from the rest of the park. So that's that's a fair bit of new space freed up for further stuff.

I think they are removing the maintenance area (the big shed) in the foreground too as part of the overall plans for the coasters.

Last edited:

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
Permission REFUSED for the two new rollercoasters.

Devastating blow for the park.

What will they do now?

A new rollercoaster project elsewhere in the park, try realigning the coasters on the same site? It would have to go through planning again - probably a further year before opening - which would be 2022.

Last edited:

Niles

Giga Poster
That is a shame, looking at google maps the houses seem quite far away , hopefully they can come up with a way to get the coaster in. Different location, Tunnels, sound walls and some planting of trees to muffle the sound might solve the problem.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
I'm sure those residents will be popular! :(

A spokeswoman for Tayto Park said the company said they are “very disappointed” by the decision and said it will affect their expansion plans.
She said in a statement: “The management of Tayto Park is very disappointed to be informed today of the decision by An Bord Pleanala to refuse the planning application for the construction of two new RollerCoasters at Tayto Park. We believe that our planning application and response to the objections raised to An Bord Pleanala addressed every concern raised.

“We now have no choice but to delay an investment of over €14,000,000 into the development of two world class rollercoasters which would have brought over 25 construction jobs to Meath and by 2020 40 new permanent jobs to Tayto Park as well as countless new visitors to the county from Ireland and abroad.
“We will continue to strive to create a world class facility encompassing a unique blend of nature and exciting attractions at Tayto Park.

“We will examine the decision of An Bord Pleanala in detail and decide our next course of action and although disappointed with the decision we will continue to look at ways of keeping Tayto Park one of Irelands most visited and loved attractions.”

peep

CF Legend
Thats quite shocking news. Will be interesting to see if this will continue to be a problem on future applications.

Peet

Giga Poster
Very disappointing that they don't see that the benefits of this investment far outweigh any minor inconveniences to local residents. I believe there is usually an option to appeal this kind of decision, in the UK at least, so that might be the next step.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Before anyone draws any comparisons with the famous ropers. Just want to point out that these residents were here before the park became a park.

While I may not like their stance (we are bias) I have a lot more sympathy for them than people who moved next to an established park and then complained.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Before anyone draws any comparisons with the famous ropers. Just want to point out that these residents were here before the park became a park.

While I may not like their stance (we are bias) I have a lot more sympathy for them than people who moved next to an established park and then complained.
Yeah, but they're also half a kilometre away, so f**k them.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Leon

Roller Poster
Came across this. A UK company has redesigned the queue line experience for Viking Voyage with Augmented Reality features and also low tech bits and pieces as well.

Wow impressive some one tell Blackpool pleasure beach about this valhalla could benefit from a bit of tlc from this company.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster

Two of the residents from that group that keeps complaining in fact moved there from the middle east (presumably ex pats for a while) whilst the park was being constructed. I'd call that too late.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I have heard that they are apparently looking to re-apply. This article has an update at the beginning...
You heard that they reapplied because the post 4 posts above yours says so.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
New plan for 2 rollercoasters submitted for permission. Same height as before. Some noise reduction measures have been added and they have altered the design somewhat I think. I'll add more tomorrow.

The Suspended Thrill Coaster STC750 Phantom, referred to as “Suspended Trill Coaster”; and o The Family Boomerang FB240 Spirit, referred to as “Family Boomerang”

The STC will be same height as the woody (31m) and involves major theming too by the looks of it

Due to open 2021 according to the docs (not 2022 as on the image)

Attachments

• rollercoaster.jpg
    rollercoaster.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 188
  • rollercoaster2.jpg
    rollercoaster2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited: