What's new

Taron vs Maverick

Taron or Maverick?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if there's already a thread like this or if this comparison is unnecessary, but I would be interested to know which is you guys' favourite out of Taron at Phantasialand and Maverick at Cedar Point. The reason I compare these two specific rides is that they commonly seem to be perceived as the two best Intamin Blitz Coasters, and I would be interested to know which one you guys prefer.

As for my verdict, I've ridden neither, but I personally think Taron looks more my sort of thing. The restraints look more comfortable on Taron, and I'd personally say that the pacing looks slightly better on Taron, but bear in mind that I've ridden neither. So the two rides might surprise me if I was to ride them both.

So, which one do you guys prefer?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Give me hell for it but I think I prefer Maverick. Taron 100% has more appeal to it with the scenery and the amazingly comfortable lap bars, but Maverick is more my style. Throw you around, fast paced, intense. Taron does some of the same things, just not to the level Maverick does. That said, both rides are between 10-15 in my overall rankings. Both super solid rides.

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
I haven't been on Taron, but I have been on Maverick. As for the better one, I'm not sure since I haven't been on Taron. I did enjoy Maverick at Cedar Point though.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Taron, by a long way.
Taron is a top 10 ride for me, whereas Maverick wouldn't even crack my top 30. I mean, it's decent, but it's a bit of a mish-mash if you ask me. Is it a launch coaster? A terrain coaster? A multi-looper... what? And I definitely don't like being launched straight into a ... into a trim brake! Who's idea was that ffs??
Taron. Easy winner.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I mean, it's decent, but it's a bit of a mish-mash if you ask me. Is it a launch coaster? A terrain coaster? A multi-looper... what? And I definitely don't like being launched straight into a ... into a trim brake! Who's idea was that ffs??
Taron. Easy winner.
100% agree with you about the trim brake. It almost ruins the excellent pace. That needs to be fixed, honestly if they slowed down the launch by a few mph and completely removed the trim, I'd be fine with that.

I do think it does a really good job tying together a variety of thrilling elements. It's not trying to be a launch coaster or terrain coaster or whatever, it's just that the elements and pace are taken really well to craft an excellent coaster. You could argue this for Taron as well.

I think stuff like Cheetah Hunt and West Coast Racers are better examples where they're trying to do a lot of things that don't really flow well together, and that's probably why they receive less than favorable opinions (I know we haven't even spotted track for WCR, but this has been discussed in it's own topic so I think it's a fair example).

Need to ride Taron though, it's among the top of my Europe bucket list.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Maverick is pretty good. Not my all time favorite, but still decent. Taron looks good, though.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Luca B

Mega Poster
I have only ridden Taron, and it is a fun ride but nothing mind blowing. Maverick seems like more of my style of ride, with it looking to be slightly more aggressive, but I guess I’ll have to wait for summer to see which one I actually prefer.

Alex B

Mega Poster
I’m going to give an unpopular one (coming from a guy who prefers ka to dragster)
Maverick has comfy restraints awesome inversions an intense layout an awesome launches lift hill and drop and a wonderfully themed queue but I also haven’t been to Europe in general let alone Germany let alone Phantasialand