What's new

Swarm - back seats now facing forward

Treybleed

Roller Poster
Sorry if this has already been discussed I can't find it.

What is everyone's opinion on the swarm returning to its original all seats facing forward configuration?

I somehow didn't hear about this and was surprised to see it on thorpes opening day of the season. I'm not sure why they have changed it, I can't find any info on it, maybe someone knows more about the reasons why ^^

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It was discussed but was burred in the Yay Merlin! topic.

I don't think THORPE PARK RESORT have told us officially why it was changed, but speculation points to unpopularity and the silly queueing system for it.

Personally I think it's great as I don't like going backwards on a coaster and I look forward to riding back row once again as nature intended.

S

SimonSays99

Only did the backwards seats when I was there. I really like backwards coaster rides. Still remember when Hansa-Park had one of three Nessie trains on the Schwarzkopf looper running backwards. Sadly never hit a SF park when namtaB was running.

I think it's kinda sad and I am happy to have rode it backwards.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Also a fan of backwards rides. I guess the gimmick really works for me. My one and only ride on Swarm was in the 'front' backwards row, left side. (Also got a front row on backwards Batman <3 )

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I rode namtaB and repiV at SFGAm. Both were absolutely fabulous. I'm looking forward to more bacwards coasters here.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Going backwards was nice; going through the first drop and the corkscrew in particular were really nice moments. But the back seats facing forward definitely give the best experience in my opinion. So I'm glad it's happened.

I've nothing against backwards-facing coasters though, and I'm happy to see the odd one here and there if they're done properly.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Uhm... yeah, the backwards thing was kinda ok I guess, it was a cool way of bringing something new to the ride... but on the whole I much preferred it going forwards. This news pleases me!

Fraser789

Roller Poster
I'm glad I got to ride it backwards I really enjoyed it. Not sure why they have changed it though I'm sure the back row facing forwards will still be a brilliant ride experience!

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
The first time I rode the back row was backwards so I'm looking forward to riding back row facing forwards!

Wasn't really fussed on the backwards thing