furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nemesisamazing said:
UC said:
Yeah, it's very similar to the Zakspin.
Hey Zak's my name :(
Anyways I was at Alton Towers yesterday and I noticed a rendom yellow baloon??? What could that be about ???

It's a height marker to see if a proposed new coaster would be too high and could be seen from the spots no coaster should be seen from :)

It's the initial investigation to work out where they can build :)

marc

CF Legend
The yellow baloon could have been there to get wind reports for the fireworks that they will have in a few weeks.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
The yellow baloon could have been there to get wind reports for the fireworks that they will have in a few weeks.

Nah, they've had them up all over the park for a few weeks now. I can't remember exactly where, but Forbidden Valley and around the Flume certainly. The fireworks are set off on the lake, so there's no reason they'd need balloons over by air.

Also, they did say that initial conceptual planning for SW7 would start July/August, so it all ties in... Or they may just be on a wind up :lol:

costar

Mega Poster
tks said:
Multicoaster?

Wow, that takes me back. If I have spotted your reference correctly?

What was the guy's name again? Do we still have that thread saved?

Ironically, for all the flack that he attracted, the ride has been half-way built now, in Potter. In fact, if I understood the "multicoaster" correctly, it is basically on sale today, by RoboCoaster Ltd.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
UC said:
You guys know the RCT3 "Dizzy Dropper" is a real coaster type, right?

Er, rather, was...

Hersheypark had actually announced one before a lawsuit ended the deal between them and the supplier, Interactive Rides.

The ride was called a "Frequent Faller," and was going to be known as "Turbulence" in Hersheypark. I don't know the exact details of the lawsuit, I'm sure you can find information on it.

Pictures:

turbulenceart1.jpg

FrequentFallerBlog.jpg

I'll be honest when I said I only really paid attention to the first page of this topic, so I apologize if someone mentioned this before.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I think it was that Interactive Rides raised their price for the ride (I think from $12 million to $15 million) so Hershey decided to cancel it :(

Kage

Roller Poster
i cant wait for SW7 at Alton Towers, I done some research on it and sites have said that it is rumoured that it is going to be called "THE FLYING KINKONATOR" and have said for it to built over hex and that Whilst there is no confirmation as to what it will be yet, the ride is rumoured to be the world's first stand-up wooden babycoaster, SW7 will open in 2013, The ride will be themed on Stephen King's IT, specifically Pennywise the Dancing Clown