What's new

Supposed new worlds first for Thorpe park

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Just caught eye of this on Thorpes fb page.

Screenshot_20170622-003743.png So, What could be happening? Supposedly a new world first coming to the island.

My two cents on the supposed world first? Re-theme of X turn the trains back to backwards facing an add VR cheaper than a full build an spend the money on software an theme rather than full hardware eg a coaster etc.

There is also the land occupied by the flume but I haven't heard anything on movement in that location apart from the new additions we already know about so that is probs literally a dead end!!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
X is just having new wheels shipped over so it's definitely nothing to do with X. Loggers is as dead as a doornail so it's not that either.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
They might be still referring to DBGT?
Also, I can't make out what that hashtag is supposed to mean, someone enlighten me? :p

DelPiero

Strata Poster
They might be still referring to DBGT?
Also, I can't make out what that hashtag is supposed to mean, someone enlighten me? :p
Island Extremes? It's been branded as extreme thrills despite the distinct lack of forceful extreme rides for ages.

Will

Strata Poster
Island Extremes? It's been branded as extreme thrills despite the distinct lack of forceful extreme rides for ages.
In fairness to Thorpe, five years isn't that long without a properly thrilling addition, and I can only think of one major ride to have opened on these shores in that time. It's not so long since they were doing a passable impression of the UK's thrill capital - alas the rides seldom worked and for the most part, no amount of clever marketing could distract most enthusiasts from their ultimate mediocrity.

Having said all that; this is Merlin. I'd take any release of this type with the entire container of salt.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The person on the TP social media platforms knows exactly what they are doing.
Like Lofty says, they aren't getting an RMC, not now, not ever.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
I believe, perhaps the world's first part will be world's first indoor hybrid and replace X with a tiny RMC? Alton is getting a little GCI after all

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The person on the TP social media platforms knows exactly what they are doing.

That person though, is very naughty indeed, and she (or maybe he?) knows it.
Sneaking that capital letter onto Wildfire there? That's naughty. Subtle, but still very naughty! Love it! :D

Robbie

Hyper Poster
This promotion is due this summer so unless it's "World's First RMC built in a week" it really isn't going to be a new coaster.