What's new

Supporting Tutorial

Dave

CF Legend
I've done this sort of thing before but I chose really obscure things to support, so it kinda lost the point.
So im going to turn to you guys!

What sort of things would you want me to demonstrate how to support?
Like B&M Invert supports for the lift etc.

or how to create good looking supports.

A

Anonymous

Well if you are making a tutorial, then I suggest that you start with the first steps.

i.e....

"this is a node...."
"you can attach stuff to it..."
etc.

:--D

Anyway good start of topic, just get it stickied so it doesn't get lost in the other stuff.

Dave

CF Legend
^ Errr, no, as its a CF based thing :p

Anyway im gonna start with something basic as im supporting a ride at the moment.

So for starters am going to show how to support a piece of track that is banked around 80-120 degrees. You can support most rides like this.

So starting off place a free node a good distance from the track support node, also at a good angle (even in this screenshot I placed it wrong....) after this place a node directly above it, so it overlaps the node.

Untitled-4.jpg

Now place a footer under the nodes and connect it with a 2 size tube.
Untitled-6.jpg

It should look this connected up in the editor, also place a footer on the other side of the heartline roll (in this pic).
Now connect it up and then align it to the tube connecting the track to the support.
Untitled-7.jpg

Now the final support should look like this:

Editor
Untitled-8.jpg

Sim
Untitled-10.jpg

Dave

CF Legend
Double post.

But any requests for supports? I was going to do Wild Mouse turn suppots.

Like Cobra has:

p13892.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
How about supports for inverted loops, like on a B&M, with the spine brace and everything.

Ollie

CF Legend
How about the kinda supports that Speed has round it's loop.
The wild mouse ones would also be useful. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^They're called pictures Xpress.

Not tutorials. ;)

Jared

Hyper Poster
I've been working on a tutourial website for quite a while now. I'll release screen shots of it when I can.