What's new

Superman: Ride of Steel... 2?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
*checks watch*

we're still two days from April 1st as well.

To me this suggests that Bizarro will be a big thing in a new Superman movie. But i've not heard about one being made.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Hyde244 said:
As one who followed DC Comics and knows the multiple tales of Bizzaro, he is a mentally handicapped Superman wanna-be who is a poor excuse for a coaster theme, especially for Superman: RoS.

Well that sounds like a piss poor advertising move, naming your coaster after something mentally retarded. Doesn't sound very intimidating, unlike "Ride of Steel."

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Exactly.

Inverse said:
To me this suggests that Bizarro will be a big thing in a new Superman movie. But i've not heard about one being made.
There isn't one being made, and for good reason after that snore they called Superman Returns. :razz:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Hyde244 said:
As one who followed DC Comics and knows the multiple tales of Bizzaro, he is a mentally handicapped Superman wanna-be who is a poor excuse for a coaster theme, especially for Superman: RoS.

Bizzaro is potentially the worst DC Comic Book character and not an easily recognizable villain.

I am not a fan.

Sounds like the guy who got thrown out of his seat a few years ago.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I'm sure the family would take that the wrong way if they heard about this and knew about Bizarro, if they haven't already.

When I first read about it, I was thinking "what the hell?" After I read a bit more, I realized he was a supervillain. It's not that hard to figure out, but it still isn't a good move by them.

spicy

Giga Poster
It is a stupid, I have never heard of Bizarro either and I doubt many poeple have.

To tell you the truth though I couldn't care if they painted it bright pink and called it The magical pink railway of fairies, its still going to be one of the best coasters in the world.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Is anyone else insanely pissed that they gave Medusa the same lame theme as SROS? It's bad enough that the theme sucks immensely, but to give the same name to two completely different types of rides? Why don't we just paint ALL the coasters purple and name them Bizarro while we're at it?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I'm kind of disappointed that they painted it so close to Scream!'s paintjob, but they're on opposite coasts, so only we would know.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Well yeah, good things come in pairs, right?

Or in Six Flags case, good coaster names and themes come in sixes. :razz:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
From the video on See The Ride, it sounds like they're loading both rides with tons of effects. Now we have to wait and see if they actually add a lot or pull an X2 and only add the flamethrowers.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
How about Ninja? Two of them are Vekoma headbangers & the other is a sweet Arrow suspended coaster & all are at Six Flags parks.

Hyde244 said:
Why do they have a pickup parked in the middle of that Medusa video? Couldn't they have moved that before filming?

I should have posted this sooner, but I received an email from Six Flags yesterday stating that both Bizarros will be opening Memorial Day weekend.
Just in time for Furie's arrival. :--D

And the 'Bizarro Is Here' contest website is supposed to be updated today http://www.bizarroishere.com/.
You can win free tickets to Six Flags, so Furie get on it & win a couple, ok?! I know you can come up with something these damn yanks will never think of. :wink:

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
We don't know how good or bad this will be, we can not make judgments until we ride it. Yes I could have thought of a better theme idea, but Six Flags has impressed me before with Ideas I thought would go to pot.

cpdude2

Mega Poster
Ugh... sounds like the six flags of the past to me. If it ain't broke, fix it till it is...

P.S. This post was for Snoo Snoo