What's new

Steel Dragon 2000

Snoo

The Legend
Just saw a POV and was curious, for those few CFers who have been, how it was? And for those who want to ride.. how good do you think it would be?

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I'm one of those who can only judge by what I see on video, but I think it looks pretty decent. Not great, but better than anything else Morgan has put out. The fast helices look fun and the back half looks pretty respectable, airtime-wise.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah I've only seen the POV but honestly I wasn't terribly impressed. Looks like speed kinda wears off by the turns, I'd agree with probably decent but not great.

It looks exactly like every other Morgan. One hill, some type of carousel turns, MCBR, bunny hops back.
So I guess all else being same, its speed alone makes it the best Morgan :lol:

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster
It feels like a 300 ft tall and extremely long family coaster.
The high sides on the train surrounds you so much that the speed and height doesn't get to you compared to more open trains (B&Ms/Intamins). The ride is (was when I rode it) very smooth and gentle. No high forces and just gentle floater over the big hills. The bunny-hops on the way back are nice but still no Intamin ejector. Back end of the train is a much more fun ride thanks to the extra airtime when going down the hills.

In essence a massive family friendly coaster.

I haven't been on any other Morgan, but from what I have heard about them then it's pretty much the same.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Now, when I rode it those bunny hops had loads of ejector, which is why I rate the ride quite highly. The first drop and big hills don't do a lot though.

JJLehto said:
It looks exactly like every other Morgan. One hill, some type of carousel turns, MCBR, bunny hops back.

This is exactly why I was looking forward to riding Steel Force and Mamba, as I saw them as a scaled-down version of Steel Dragon, which I really liked. I was disappointed though as the smaller hills basically did nothing on the smaller versions.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
^Now, when I rode it those bunny hops had loads of ejector, which is why I rate the ride quite highly. The first drop and big hills don't do a lot though.

JJLehto said:

This is exactly why I was looking forward to riding Steel Force and Mamba, as I saw them as a scaled-down version of Steel Dragon, which I really liked. I was disappointed though as the smaller hills basically did nothing on the smaller versions.

Yeah, been quite a few years since I've gone but I remember Steel Force being fun but not anything great.
Honestly, I don't remember if there was even airtime...maybe some floater.
Probably now I'd care for it a bit less.

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster
gavin said:
I'm not sure that loads is the right word for it, I would rate the airtime on the bunny hops on SD2K about as same as what B&M produce on their mega-coasters. Sure you got a small pop of "ejector"-air over them but still no Intamin extreme ejector.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Don't get too spoiled now.
IMO, floater or pops are still fun!
Just not as grand as epic ejection of course

davidm

Strata Poster
I really liked it - had ridden Steel Force before and it was like a supersized version of that. Stupidly HUGE thing and lotsaspeed on the drops... right about the first half having little air - but super speed - and the bunny hops were great.

Love the fact that its second hill is bigger than most other large coasters first hill!

Steel Dragon 2000 - Hill#2