What's new

Starry Night Ripper- B&M Flyer for World Joyland

bob_3_

Giga Poster
This loop looks like it's designed for flyer hang-time/ low Gs. Instead of a typical B&M loop, the top is very draw out.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmmm... Considering I hated Tatsu's Pretzel and Firehawk's Loop, can't say I'd be looking forward to riding this...

But, what I love about this is B&M being daring... For that, it gets some credit...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The French gamer site 'Gameblog' has this which could confirm the date (excuse the rough translation):
In March 2011, the amusement park 'World Joyland' (short: 'Joyland'), will open its gates in the Wunjin district, China.

The theme park will be divided in parts which will sound familiar to gamer's ears: 'Island of Mystery', 'Terrain of Warcraft', 'Universe of Starcraft', 'World of Legend' and 'Molesworld'.

Two entire parts will be dedicated to the Warcraft and Starcraft universes!

'World Joyland' also proposes to build a museum of videogames as well as a center dedicated to e-sports. Of course, all that wouldn't suffice for an amusement park, if it weren't equally well equipped with attractions like a double free-fall tower, three kinds of rollercoasters and a simulator...

While awaiting Nintendo's announcement of its own amusement park (with a total of eight 'F-zero's', 'Metroid laser tag', 'Starfox simulator'... one can always dream...). Have a look at the concept drawings for the different Joyland parts, all accompanied by wonderful musical themes on their magnificent website.
joyland-world-of-warcraft_480.jpg

joyland-universe-of-starcraft.jpg

joyland-world-of-legend.jpg

joyland-moles-world.jpg

Source (in French) with more concept art:
http://www.gameblog.fr/news_20630_un-parc-d-attractions-world-of-warcraft-starcraft-en-mars

I would expect a 'Blizzard' themed park to be built in South Korea instead of China, but what the hey!

Sorry if these images have already been posted, but I took at look around & couldn't find them in either the topics furie or roomraider created.

Lofty

CF Legend
Great find Jerry.

If they theme the park to the level they've done the concept at, we're looking at a fantastic park. Also, is that a Floorless I see in the background?!

Ben

CF Legend
^That is Kraken, yeah, but, I doubt that's what it will be. It's listed on RCDB as just having two lift hills, which makes me think Mine Train.

Also, OMG, video game theming...! UGH, Starcraft and Warcraft... When will my Bioshock ride get built :(

Ben

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
Well they've got the flyer layout right, so who's to say the other coasters are wrong?

They got the Flyer wrong as well, seeing as it's not a Manta clone...

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, the one this topic is about is the one like, in photos and discussed throughout the topic... Which isn't a Manta clone. It has a loop for one. And is utterly different... Hence me saying it's not a Manta clone sweetie, keep up.

Ben

CF Legend
UC, stop trying to make out like everyone on this site is wrong. I am WELL aware... WELL aware of what Flyer is in this topic, I'm ****ing riding it in August, and I'm well aware what Flyers are in the concept art.

So, if the Manta picture is not meant to represent the Flyer, what IS it meant to represent, out of amazing interest? Do you not somehow think that they might have got it right in the photo which focuses on it and shows a massive part of it, and then just slapped Manta into the corner to represent it? Do you not see how that is possible? No? You don't see how they could have got it right and THEN got it wrong in another photo? Not a difficult concept. So YES. They DID get it wrong. It's CLEAR what that drawing of Manta is meant to represent, and, as per the point I was MAKING, that shows they are not afraid to inaccurately represent their rides.

You just seem to think at the moment that every time anyone posts anything, even anything utterly obvious and right, that you have the right to come on and bitch at them. A lot of people are commenting on it at the moment and it's DULL. So get off your period and start posting like a normal human being.

Ben

CF Legend
Let me get this straight, you are ACTUALLY suggesting they're building a secret Manta and Kraken clone as well as the Flyer they've already built...?

Because that's what you're saying here... The picture of Kraken is consistent so it MUST be real? And the ride is different in two pictures, that means it's two coasters?

I mean, you've come up with some wacky ****ty theories on this site before (evacuating Floorless coasters is still the funniest thing I've ever read), but, that would take the piss...

Use your head boy, seriously.

Ben

CF Legend
^So, what other attraction?

You realise they've got three coasters, right?

A. The Flyer.

B. The Skyloop X Car.

C. Something with two lifts.

So, what exactly are Kraken and Manta here supposed to represent? Cause we're running out of coasters for them to be...

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
^So, what other attraction?

You realise they've got three coasters, right?

A. The Flyer.

B. The Skyloop X Car.

C. Something with two lifts.

So, what exactly are Kraken and Manta here supposed to represent? Cause we're running out of coasters for them to be...

Beats me, could be just about anything. I'm merely pointing out the consistency of the concept art in terms of the rides they've used to represent their attractions, and that the existence of two different pieces of concept art suggest to me that they represent two different rides - it does NOT suggest to me that the park "got the flyer wrong.")

Yeah, didn't bloody think so. Next time, don't open your mouth until you have something correct to add to the conversation.

andrus

Giga Poster
Some new pics I found on coastercrazy.com:
172217yhjsvvohtyvhyptv.jpg

Ika.jpg

172215yifzeeyym4nmzlkq.jpg

172216rz242r5s9242hx2s.jpg

172212q42iio0qoi44qqqj.jpg

The opening is scheduled to 1st of May, soft opening is 27th of April and first test flight is today!