What's new

Stand Up floored or Stand Up floorless drop towers?

Floored or Floorless

• Floored

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Floorless

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Well, as we all know, Intamin makes stand up floored/floorless drop towers. Which do you find scarier? Which do you like more?

A

Anonymous

Re: Stand Up floored or Stand Up floorless?

They are all the same to me, just different kind of pain...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Floored definitely.

Not painful, where as floorless kills as you hit the breaks.

dominoes

Mega Poster

Floored cause you keep slipping off the floor if its wet, making it more scary

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, the 'Floored' version is scarier. Think its to do with the whole standing up is like a normal thing really.

The standing floorless isn't exactly a natural position really.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Floorless is like sitting on the edge of a building and leaning over to look down.

Floored is like standing on the edge and leaning over to look down - only going beyond a safe angle that would mean that you would 100% fall off.

Ergo, floored is considerably more terrifying as it's a position your body could never possibly be in at such a height without resulting in death.

Kebab

Giga Poster

furie said:
Floorless is like sitting on the edge of a building and leaning over to look down.

Floored is like standing on the edge and leaning over to look down - only going beyond a safe angle that would mean that you would 100% fall off.

Ergo, floored is considerably more terrifying as it's a position your body could never possibly be in at such a height without resulting in death.
^This. I initially think floorless is going to be the scariest, due to you being held by your private area, but I fear more about the brakes than the drop itself. When standing with a floor, it feels more like the sensation when you're on a hotel lift, however, only to get to the top, high up, tilted forward and the lift breaking for a free-fall. It scares the **** out of me everytime, and tends to get my tummy more than the floorless side, plus the feeling of your feet lifting off is crazy! :)

mouse

Giga Poster

Floored, mainly because it's such a normal position, and suddenly you just get dropped down.
And floorless HURTS :shock: .

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster

Without a doubt floored. Floorless is painful and, similar to furie's point, when your floorless I think you subconscienciously think you'll be okay because you're feet are below you, so if you fell you would land on your feet. I know you would die, but I think, at a subconscience level, there's something reassuring about that.

With the floored, it forces to feet to be in a position that make you feel like you're facing the floor, therefore being at an unease in that position.

Floored is just the bollocks really.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster

Floored. Floorless actually feels too much like sit-down (well, at least for me). There's something very scary about floored. The feeling is so much more intense.