What's new

Spiteful UK Creds?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Does anyone know if you can get the go-gator at Pleasure Island easily?

I'm not sure that this topic was ever answered thoroughly so here's a list of creds I've been refused point blank for in the UK:

Jellikins, Fantasy Island
Clown Coaster, Oakwood
Go-Gator, Flamingoland
Go-Gator, Clacton Pier (although annoyingly, others have been let on since)

You usually need to have children to enter:

Twinlakes (although we just walked straight in when we went in January sans children.
Maybe they are becoming a bit more lenient? Or having an off day, who knows?), the three Gulliver's parks...and possibly Wheelgate?

nadroJ

CF Legend
I was refused the Go-Gator at Pleasure Island, but was let on Jellikins <3 I think it's down to the op tbh, maybe bribe them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren B

Giga Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
Does anyone know if you can get the go-gator at Pleasure Island easily?

When me and Ian went in late 2013 we unashamedly begged the ride-op to let us on. We eventually wore him down and he gave us the thumbs up, but neither of us could fit, like, not even close. I get that I may have problems fitting, but Ian? He's only like 4'11 and this was a skinny Ian.

Do all GG's come with ridiculously small seating or did we get unlucky?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Darren B said:

I think they're all like that. Pretty sure Minor_Furie was denied the one at Flamingoland because he couldn't fit, that was like four years ago too.

nealbie

CF Legend
Flamingoland let me sit with my legs in the seat infront in 2009 (18 at the time), that was a giggle!

Jake

Strata Poster
furie said:
Darren B said:

I think they're all like that. Pretty sure Minor_Furie was denied the one at Flamingoland because he couldn't fit, that was like four years ago too.

Nah, the newer ones have much bigger seats.

It's hard to find decent photos but if you look at this:

kgt40002fki3tog00ps450.jpg

and this:

4ju04ulpg2000i85r4qo00.jpg

Compared to this:

ca59g6d4002f2g0100094s.jpg

I can JUST fit into the older models if I sit sideways, but there's loads of room, loads on the newer ones <3.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Just to keep this updated for those who are mopping up in the near future.

Clifton Amusements have a Go-Gator that's operated with the new trains so loads of room. Plus the ride op was more than happy to let on a group full of adults. No spite at Clifton's.

Pleasure Island are now refusing anyone to try their Go-Gator for size. Although me and Ian we're allowed to try it's still a Go-Gator with the older much smaller trains. So basically it's 99% a no go. Spite at Pleasure Island.

Sherwood Forest has been mentioned as a place that needs a child to enter - this isn't true. It's a small fair that anyone is free to enter. The website mentions that the park is open until 18:00. That's outdated, it's now 17:00. No spite at Sherwood Forest.

Clarence Pier have a reputation of refusing adults to ride the smaller cred. I simply explained that we were attempting to ride every roller coaster in the UK during 2014. The ride-op checked with his manager and returned with a YES. No spite at Clarence if you're clever enough.

Gullivers still require a child (which will never change) but all the coasters are rideable to adults. No spite at Gullivers if you have a child.

Twinlakes DOESN'T Need a child to enter. A few of us have entered on different days and haven't had any problems. No spite at Twinlakes.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Brilliant Darren very useful. Just to add that Little Dipper, the cred on the beach just up from Cleethorpes, is up and running again following the downtime after last year's storms.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^The guy who owns it stated that he was looking at retiring and the coaster would retire with him. Just a heads up for those who need it/want it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ah, so the guy you made friends with who I honestly thought was a tramp that lived in a nearby bin was the owner of the cred?
Fascinating.

But yeah, someone should purchase the cred.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^Its Mack's Amusements! What were you expecting the owner to rock up in? A Ferrari, dripping in Armani with Mila Kunis on his arm?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
mad mouse said:
the zooom rollercoaster at flamingo land I wasn't denied a ride but I didn't fit so I couldn't ride anyway

If you want to know what you missed, just sit still with your knees against your chest, in a corner, and get someone to shove you a bit occasionally.

It's an awful ride!