What's new

Sorry if it's been done before. B&M or Intamin?

Do you prefer B&M or Intamin

• B&M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intamin

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not sure

• What a stupid topic!!!

• Total voters

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
I like Vekoma but between B&M and intamin it would definatly have to be Intamin.This is because Airtime looks better and funner than a loop.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Tough Choice.

Looking at my top 5:

MF- Intamin
TTD- Intamin
Goliath- B&M
Raptor- B&M
Storm Runner- Intamin

It's a close call, but with 3 out of those 5 including #1 and 2, I think I gotta give the nod to Intamin.

A

Anonymous

CoasterManiac said:
Stealth and kingda ka and millenium force are practically the same. All those 3 do is launch and top hat.

Well, just by reading this I know you have never been on MF so I'm not quite sure what you are ranting about. Anyways My top 5 are exactly the same as CedarPoint6's. So I would also have to go with Intamin on this one. But B&M is right behind.

A

Anonymous

B&M...
the track looks great and the smoothness has to be the best part. their coasters have a high capacity and the reliablity is brilliant for most of the time...i have never heard of a B&M having too many problems, whereas Intamin seem to have reliability issues quite often, eg. the rocket coasters...

B&M have made some of my favourite coasters like: nemesis, hulk, dueling dragons, georgia scorcher & nemesis inferno

kir

Hyper Poster
I don't especially have a preference. Once you start comparing companies and getting nerdy over which one is better for whatever reasons, you sort of take the fun out of riding.

They're both quite good. Intamin has probably made more coasters that I think are crap, however.

c&r

Mega Poster
Well, the way I think of it is this:

B&M are boring, clinical, crap, crappedy crap crap crap. In fact, B&M, suck me off.

Intamin just p.wn.

Sam

Giga Poster
^ Here here.

Just look at the huge selection of Intamin rides. Small and large- as well as some ****ing sweet flat rides. Dragster, Millennium Force, Ka, Storm Runenr, S:ROS (at NE or the other variations). Need I continue? B&M are great with some top rides but IMO, for pure thrills they cannot compare to Intamin.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Their both the best companys to produce coasters and they both have brilliant rides and both have a good variety of differant coasters although B+M should bring out a new concept soon, hopefully by 2008.

A

Anonymous

B&M's are slow though the inversions, forceless, boring train rides unless they have a Zero-G or Pretzel Loop in the layout, or where built 15 years ago when B&M wasn't crappy yet. Even there Hypercoasters are boring and forceless, they feel like you're on a cushion of air, and all the airtime is floater, no good ejector. On the other hand, Intamin have ejector air filled, out of control feeling rides with more forces, more height, more speed, and overall rides that don't make you feel like your in bed dreaming about riding a rollercoaster. Did I mention how much I love Intamin?

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Both.

It's like coffee or tea. Both companies make different rides.

(invertes, floaters, floorless loopers) or (rockets, ejectors, woodies)

A

Anonymous

Ultimate Coaster said:
Yeah, that's it. Which B&M's have you ridden? Probably only Air.

B:TDK, B:TR (SFGAdv), Nitro, S:UF (SFGAdv), and Medusa (SFGAdv). All of which, aside from BTR and SUF, go through there inversions too slow for any good positive-Gs.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Oh yeah, there you go. Nevermind Stand-Ups, Inverts, Dive Machines, their Sit-Downs, and floorless coasters like Scream! and Kraken.

There Inverts are probably there best products. Other then the bajillion BTR clones and that Raptor clone in Japan, there all unique rides, and out of the B&Ms i've ridden, BTR was probably the best of them. I've never rode any Stand-Ups, Sitdowns, or Dive Machines, but most of them look like quality rides. The floorless coasters i've rode all suck.

Ultimate Coaster said:
That must be it. How DARE B&M disgrace us with rides like Black Mamba and Goliath these days.

I haven't rode Black Mamba or either of the B&M Goliaths, but out of them, only Goliath at La Ronde seems really anything special too me, as there must be an amazing amount amount of airtime. Too bad it's probably all floater.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Which hypers have you ridden?

Just Nitro, which is a little too smooth, and has no ejector air except those last few bunny hops, and I don't think any of there other hypers would be much different, except for Raging Bull. Of course, I shouldn't judge them until i've ridden them.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Did we forget to mention the Intamin flops? Like the ones that smash your head to pieces? I don't find many B&Ms that do that.

Oh, and how about the fact that compared to a B&M ride, an Intamin one is never open?

I have never ridden a bad Intamin ride. That said, Intamin's worst rides are probably worse then B&M's worst rides. No Intamin i've rode has been rough, but a B&M (B:TDK) was rough.

The realiability is a problem though, but in my opinion, when the Intamin ride is open, it's better then the B&M

Although, that said, I do like B&M too, and some of there newer rides (Particulary Tatsu and Sheikra) do look great. But out of the B&M costers i've ridden, I still like Intamin better, and I still like B&M's older rides better then there newer ones.

Angel

Hyper Poster
My vote goes to B&M theres very few Intamin coasters that I like but am yet to come across a B&M that I dont like.

B&M track also looks neater and sleeker than Intamins in my opnion

A

Anonymous

Ultimate Coaster said:
Well, there's your problem. B:TDK is simply too small to be very strong (it has a good zero-G when they run the trims off), and I agree with Nitro and Medusa that they aren't the strongest coasters around.

However, you're judging the entire company on a sampling of what, 4 coasters?

That's like me going out and judging Intamin based on Shockwave, Indiana Jones, and Colossus - none of which are considered to be prime Intamin coasters.

I can't think of any way too disagree with you on this, so I will have too say you're right, as always :).

Ultimate Coaster said:
They clone it because it's so good. To hold contempt for a coaster simply because there's more than one of it is just plain stupid - you should be happy that there is a fantastic coaster like B:TR near you (I take it there is, you seem like a SFGAdv person).

I'd KILL for a B:TR at my home park.

I'm not a Raptor/Orochi fan myself, but I can assure you there are far worse coasters out there.

I know that. I'm not saying B:TR and Raptor are bad coasters, i'm just saying they arn't that unique because they have both been cloned. I love B:TR, and would love too have a B:TR clone at my home park as well. And i'm actually more of a SFNE person, SFGAdv is 5 hours away from me, which is too bad, because from my expierence it's a great park.

Ultimate Coaster said:
So if they look like quality rides, it certainly contradicts this statement you made earlier:

B&M's are slow though the inversions, forceless, boring train rides unless they have a Zero-G or Pretzel Loop in the layout, or where built 15 years ago when B&M wasn't crappy yet.

Don't make statements like that unless you have the experience to back it up. The newest B&M you've ridden is S:UF, and you've ridden B&M's that while good (in my opinion) aren't the best of their respective types.

You're right again, but most B&Ms being built today don't catch my eye as rides that I have too rush out too ride as soon as I can.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Black Mamba is perhaps one of the coolest coasters built in the last ten years. The Goliaths are both excellent coasters by the reviews they've been getting.

Black Mamba, from what i've seen of it, dosn't really look as good as all the hype claims it is, but pictures and videos don't do a ride justice. Both Goliaths look like good rides, but i'm not a big fan of floater air, and thats what all B&M Hypers have from what i've heard, and my rides Nitro certainly support this.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Ride Apollo's Chariot. It's by far my favorite of the two. The new Goliaths are said to be amazing.

Hopefully I will soon, i'm going too try and get out too BGE next year :).

Ultimate Coaster said:
B:TDK was rough? We're all entitled to our own opinions, but damn man, if you think B:TDK was rough, you MUST think Kingda Ka is downright painful.

There is some headbanging in the corkscrews, and on my last ride, the Zero-G Roll gave me a headache. I didn't ride Kingda Ka when I was at SFGAdv.

Ultimate Coaster said:
That's quite a strong statement from someone who has ridden FOUR B&M's. How many Intamins have you ridden? Let's see - Kingda Ka, S:RoS SFNE, El Toro - well, now let's look at this logically, shall we?

You've ridden what is perhaps THE two best coasters in the world, in S:RoS SFNE and El Toro, and judging from what you've been telling me, you seem exactly the type of person to ride Kingda Ka and go "OMG THAT WUZ DA BEST COSTER EVER!!!1111" - when you compare this to the fact that for the most part, you've only ridden four lacklustre B&M's, no kidding.

What you need to do is open your eyes and take in everything a company is doing, even if you haven't ridden it all. Despite Intamin's dominance of the upper few tiers of the "coaster kingdom" when it comes to individual rides, you will find as you ride more Intamin rides that B&M has many more "Very Good" coasters than Intamin.

For EXAMPLE, if Intamin held the top 3 coasters in the world, B&M would hold the next 8 slots (not accurate, but gets my point across).

Actually, i've rode Millennium Force, S:ROS SFNE, and Diaster Transport. So I take back what I said about never having ridden a bad Intamin ride. Other then that, you're probably right.

Ultimate Coaster said:
That's a much better statement than anything you've said here so far, but I have a question - how can you like "B&M's older rides better than their newer ones" if the four B&M's you've actually ridden were all built in a 4-year time span?

I would assume that you're judging it based on rides you haven't ridden, but since you didn't do that before (after all, you aren't talking about Intamin's crap rides, and you're basing your ENTIRE JUDGEMENT on rides you have ridden), you can't possibly be starting to do that now, that would be quite hypocritical.

With all due respect, I don't think you have the experience (judging by the 4 B&M's you've been on) to make a judgement as to whether or not you like newer or older B&Ms. At least not when you're judging everything else by what you HAVE ridden.

You're forgetting that i've rode SFGAdv's B:TR, which was built in 1993 as the worlds 3rd invert, and also probably my favorite B&M. And I am starting to judge rides that haven't ridden, so there :).

A

Anonymous

I hold both about equal really. I can't, looking at what I've been on, along with what I haven't, pick an overall winner.

But no doubt this will change in time.

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm, that's a toughy. I voted B&M but I'm starting to wonder. I think Intamin have made some amazing rides, there is just something about B&M rides that I like... :?