What's new

Sochi, Russia | Sochi Park | Theme Park/Olympic Park

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Sochi, Russia | Sochi Park | Theme Park/Olympic Park UPDATE

Confirmed rides are a Mack launch coaster and Wild mouse and a Vekoma Giant Boomerang.
sochi-park-31.jpg

sochi-park-overview-big.jpg

olympic-parameter-layout-including-stadiums-left-and-theme-park-right-big.jpg

Source: http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park/sochi-park/?loc=none
sochi-adventure-park-27.jpg

sochi-adventure-park-29.jpg

db_2013_0825_SochiPark__4_1.jpg

Source: http://www.themeparx.com/sochi-park/
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GeaZgZRJlw[/youtube]

andrus

Giga Poster
Oh, a Giant Inverted Boomerang! Much better than the Blue Fire clone (imo)! :--D

S&S has also confirmed that they'e sold one of their new tower rides for the park :)

_koppen

Hyper Poster
insanecoastervids said:
I'm thinking to myself right now that this park will not be open for the Olympics but it will still open and be around for a long time.

It's not meant to be open for the Olympics, it's meant to be open for the summer.

The park is not being built for the Olympics, it's being built to cater for the growing amount of tourists that the area will receive after the olympics. I assume it will be Russian tourists, as I don't really see a lot of foreign people traveling there.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
_koppen said:
insanecoastervids said:
I'm thinking to myself right now that this park will not be open for the Olympics but it will still open and be around for a long time.

It's not meant to be open for the Olympics, it's meant to be open for the summer.

The park is not being built for the Olympics, it's being built to cater for the growing amount of tourists that the area will receive after the olympics. I assume it will be Russian tourists, as I don't really see a lot of foreign people traveling there.
sorry I thought this was going to be ready for the Olympics.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^^ Maybe Georgian, since Sochi is almost right on the border? ;)
And I also believe that Formula 1 race could bring some foreigners to the city.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
TilySlo said:
^^ Maybe Georgian, since Sochi is almost right on the border? ;)
And I also believe that Formula 1 race could bring some foreigners to the city.

Yeah the Georgians love Russia :p

Nice to see a blue fire not in blue. (Yellow Fire?)

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Isn't it just... Fire, then? :p

Not sure why anyone would want to visit Russia anyway. Some of the people there are just scum </3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They're going to have to soon - there's no snow for the Olympics. I've heard UKIP are packing off as many gay couples as possible to help with the good weather crisis ;)

jj23w

Hyper Poster
the park i think has been an interesting concept ever since i saw the plans online and also it would give me an excuse to visit russia and of course because of f1 my uncle could always go in watch f1 and i can go to the theme park its very interesting to see parks popping up in different countries.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'd love to go, but I'd rather not give a penny of my money to that country if I have the choice...