What's new

So i decided it was about time to get my caterham 7 back.

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
After 7 years of it being at my friends house because i've had nowhere to keep it since i moved out of stoke, i decided to get my caterham 7 back and rent a garage locally.

The car hasn't been run on the road for a long time due to it being in various states for sprints and drag racing so i'm going to do a few more upgrades for the road and then this year..... I will own the british roads, well at last the hedgerows, ditches, central reservations and the emergency services.

Planned upgrades before summer are a new paint job in ford sea grey with caterham dayglo yellow stripe, wide track front wishbones, optonic ignition, new wheels and bigger disc brakes on the front.

Here are the stats for those wanting to geek out!

O-60 - certified at york raceway 4.1 seconds
Standing 1/4 mile - certified at york raceway 10.84 seconds
Top speed - 134mph
weight - 550kg
power to weight ratio - 339bhp/ton
Lateral g-force - +/- 2 max
linear g force +/- 1.5 est
Engine - Lotus 917 2.2, 45 side draught del orto carbs, re-profiled cam by cosworth engineering, Light crank, light flywheel, carillo con rods
Peak power 204bhp@7859
peak torque 157ft/lb@4382
Mpg - 20-ish
Gearbox - lotus/toyota 5 speed
differential - Ford cosworth limited slip torque sensing diff
other modifications - Hydraulic front brake line lock to heat the rear tyres, Koni adjustable coiled dampers, roll bar size.

So there it is... hopefully i'll post some photo's of me getting her road ready again. I just can't see rita having the same effect if i go to AT in it somehow. You just dont get that "I've made it alive" sensation from a ride on rita!

Thought i'd share my exitment in getting it back!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
At the motorshow in Brum a few years ago, I had a ride in Caterham. Loved it. Like a go-kart with rocket on the back. Marvelous.

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
Ian said:
At the motorshow in Brum a few years ago, I had a ride in Caterham. Loved it. Like a go-kart with rocket on the back. Marvelous.
They are truly amazing and no matter how you try and stay "in control" you can't. You just loose the plot and end up wanting to terrify yourself!