Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowy Wonderland - Old project

Discussion in 'RCT 2 Projects' started by Mushroom, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom Goon of the Year CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Expedition GeForce
    Best Park:
    Depends really
    Coaster Count:
    Back during Christmas 2003, I was a admin on rctcompetition.com, and created a Christmas competition. It was only fair for me to create a park too with the snowy theme as well. Hope you will enjoy this. Might post some of my old projects on here soon

[​IMG]

http://www.mediafire.com/?hd1ogx1l95vlymc

2. Ben

Ben Social Media Team Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I don't think there's enough going on to be honest. Needs more crowding.

3. Venom2053

Venom2053 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    The Incredible Hulk
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    And more blue and white please ;)

4. Mushroom

Mushroom Goon of the Year CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Expedition GeForce
    Best Park:
    Depends really
    Coaster Count:
    Cheeky gits ;) I was just browsing this park earlier and found I had put a dive machine in. Quite well hidden too.

5. nadroJ

nadroJ Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I like parks like this, show how RCT is MEANT to be played. You know, as a non-serious, fun take on building a theme park.

6. furie

furie SBOPD Staff Member Administrator Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    I dunno, A gravity defying tower of snowballs through the middle of the world's biggest toilet bowl helix certainly steps lightly out of the realms of impressionist and stamps into the world of surrealism quite effectively I thought. It's certainly art...

7. LiveForTheLaunch

LiveForTheLaunch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Eejanaika
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Meh, people play how they want to play I guess! Personally I like to make things look pretty realistic, but not with getting anal about it saying like oh this has to be to scale at approximately .145 of a diameter to the radius of .7 exerting approximately 4.5 Gs of force with a clearance of .2 metres. :p I don't hate people who want to play like this though, it looks cool.

8. scw55

scw55 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Would have been Air
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    I like surreal building in Rollercoaster Tycoon because at the end of the day you're playing a game and your only duty is to create something that makes Peeps and you happy. I see No Limits for realism. However, obviously stupid designs can break the suspension of disbelief (non banked curves or going far too fast).
    However I understand people want to build realism in a computer game. I just wish that they didn't force people to conform to their philosophy. It will make for a very boring player base if everyone made whacky designs or realistic designs. Variety should be encouraged, not stomped out.

I like your park. It reminds me of when I played a Scenario in RCT1 expansion where I completed it long ago, but I liked the landscape very much. Ended up making billions of money and cramming every space with rides. Very fun. I regret that my prolonged exposure to RCT3 prevents me from ever revisiting RCT2 ever again, likewise for RCT1 :(

I miss how easy it was to recolour individual bits of track.