What's new

Snowboarding in Colorado

Almost

Hyper Poster
I spend way too much on this sport but I absolutely love it. This past year I spent $900 to go to Colorado. It was worth every penny.

n806220511_5612262_9302.jpg

Me making a turn

n806220511_5612263_9664.jpg

After said turn, taking a rest

n806220511_5612275_3569.jpg

Looking out our Condo to the mountain

n806220511_5612220_6193.jpg

And why I want to move out there. Gorgeous.

Snoo

The Legend
**** that.

Wait.. no.. **** snow. :p

Looks awesome dude. Take me next time.. minus the snow.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I've been to Vail, Breck & Copper. This isn't any of those, so where is this? I wanna see more!
BTW - You look like you were cut & pasted into the first photo. :lol:

Almost

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
I've been to Vail, Breck & Copper. This isn't any of those, so where is this? I wanna see more!
BTW - You look like you were cut & pasted into the first photo. :lol:

Nope. This was Steamboat. Went with my college as it was amazingly cheap. I enjoyed the mountain.

Screaming Coasters said:
Almost!!!

Yeahhhh!!!

That looks intense, and kind of advanced for me, even though I ski and don't snowboard. It looks soo beautiful though, that one building with the wood and the stone looks gorgeous.

Glad you had fun!

Almost

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
That looks intense, and kind of advanced for me, even though I ski and don't snowboard. It looks soo beautiful though, that one building with the wood and the stone looks gorgeous.

Glad you had fun!

Well it depends really. You gotta be smart out there or you can get hurt pretty badly. I took a few ragdolls the first few days (doesn't hurt though...feels pretty awesome in the powder) its scary as anything flipping upside down not knowing when you'll hit the ground.

Plus all the trees and the unmarked terrain that you really could get hurt on.

^Yeah, there's nothing like losing control on either a snowboard or skis and knowing you're about to go down any second. I assume it'd be pretty scary with a snowboard, and even though I've only ever skiied, it hurts like hell to fall, and it's also hard to get back up.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Steamboat is really nice! Haven't skied there in a few years but being at school in Colorado I go ski all the time and if anyone else gets the chance it's definitely worth it!

wash

Mega Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
You look like you were cut & pasted into the first photo. :lol:
No, he looks like he was cut & pasted into this one:
93028682.jpg

Looks like you had a lot of fun! If your looking for something closer to home, Loon Mountain is supposed to be the best snow boarding resort on the east coast, but i'm sure Colorado still has better.