What's new

Smurfs

mrclam

Giga Poster
So i had to do a bit of smurf research today (long story).. and I found out this information on the back story to smurfette... Man would you not be allowed to get away with THIS nowadays!

Thought i'd share my disbelief with you - the kind people of the internets

--
Smurfette was magically created from clay by the Smurfs' enemy, Gargamel, so that she would use her charms to cause jealousy and competition among the Smurfs in order to cause their fall. He left her in the forest and Hefty Smurf took her to the Smurf village, where she was kept out of kindness.

Gargamel's plans didn't work well at first, as her appearance was flawed. He had designed her in such a way that she might be attractive to a sad and despicable person like himself, but to the Smurfs she looked like just a male Smurf but with long spiky black hair and a dress. She tried to be feminine and considerate, but was unattractive and proved to be more annoying than seductive.

Frustrated, the Smurfs got back at her by making her think that she had put on weight and was becoming fat, thus causing her to fall into a state of depression. Papa Smurf took pity on her and took her to his laboratory, where they locked themselves in for several days before emerging. Smurfette now had long, flowing blond hair and an appealing character. This caused every Smurf of the village to fall in love with her.

mrclam

Giga Poster
But its no wonder my generation grew up to be anorexics obsessed with their looks is it?

(well not me.. i was modelling myself after fat, bald, ugly smurf)