What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

JoshC.

Strata Poster
However, if they don't have a blocking system that allows for 2-train operations that sucks anyway...

To be fair, when Booster Bike was built the park didn't really need it to have the ability to run two trains. Buying a second train and/or having a system that allows for two trains was just an unnecessary expense.

I guess it's not out of question to retrospectively add appropriate blocks, but that's probably quite expensive and a lot of hassle.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I feel like the coaster could be in for a massive overhaul in the future. New station and theming, making the final brake run a block, and adding a maintenance shed with the second train if they have space.
Whereas in reality they should just scrap it and build something else. Booster Bike stands out badly in their lineup, and no amount of tidying up will fix that.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Whereas in reality they should just scrap it and build something else. Booster Bike stands out badly in their lineup, and no amount of tidying up will fix that.
Agreed, it does look so out of place... No theming whatsoever... But it occupies a relatively small space, and is fairly well hidden at least.

Also, I’m clearly not the most clued up in these matters, by a long way, but I’m fairly certain this model can already operate with two trains. There is the station, launch and brake run... The brake run looks to be capable of full stop and hold as it has booster wheels installed.

I don't think it would if it got a complete re-theme. What would they replace it with anyway?
With that size of land, probably a Fury-type coaster from Bobbejaanland or any kind of compact launch coaster to fill a launch coaster void left by Booster Bike. Especially with the theming opportunities available.

Matt N

CF Legend
Someone in the comments has suggested Oakwood, as that park apparently has 30 rides. And thinking about it, it does have quite a few unique to the UK (Drenched is a prime example, and Speed is also the country’s largest Euro-Fighter. Can’t think of any others off the top of my head, though.)

Would be interesting if Oakwood does get bought; I do actually have a real soft spot for it as a park, and really enjoyed my day there when I last went! I think a new owner could potentially do very good things with it!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Marcus Gaines is well connected in the industry. He's a professional photographer who works in the industry. I've spoken to him a few times as he was one of the guys who filmed the official videos and POVs for MVR on all their Chinese Woodies like this beaut

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Could it possibly be Drayton Manor? Either way, which ever park it is it will be nice to see their potentially bright future.

Whichever park it is, I reckon the most likely buyer will be either Parques Reuindos or the Looping Group.

I personally think it is either Oakwood or Drayton Manor Theme Park but I personally hope it is Drayton Manor, because we could get new investments for all target markets and possibly some big investments, especially with what Parques Reuindos is doing theming and attraction wise with their European parks; Fury at Bobbejaanland, Star Trek Operation Enterprise at Movie Park Germany, Motiongate Dubai (according to RCDB) as massive examples

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I personally think it is either Oakwood or Drayton Manor Theme Park but I personally hope it is Drayton Manor, because we could get new investments for all target markets and possibly some big investments, especially with what Parques Reuindos is doing theming and attraction wise with their European parks; Fury at Bobbejaanland, Star Trek Operation Enterprise at Movie Park Germany, Motiongate Dubai (according to RCDB) as massive examples
"Parques Reunidos" and "investment" in the same sentence? Hahahahahahahaha! Those bloodsuckers don't put a penny into their parks if they can help it, no matter how much they need it or how much money they make. The only reason they keep buying more parks is to come across as a bigger operator by citing "X million customers in 2020!" to their investors, neglecting to mention how attendance at each individual park tends to nosedive because of their neglect. Those numbers are hidden by steadily buying new properties, so they can keep pointing to a year-on-year increase.

Plus, Parques Reunidos tends not to buy parks anywhere they have local competition. They prefer to be the only game in town, because then they can run it as shoddily as possible without losing market shares.

"Parques Reunidos" and "investment" in the same sentence? Hahahahahahahaha! Those bloodsuckers don't put a penny into their parks if they can help it, no matter how much they need it or how much money they make. The only reason they keep buying more parks is to come across as a bigger operator by citing "X million customers in 2020!" to their investors, neglecting to mention how attendance at each individual park tends to nosedive because of their neglect. Those numbers are hidden by steadily buying new properties, so they can keep pointing to a year-on-year increase.

Plus, Parques Reunidos tends not to buy parks anywhere they have local competition. They prefer to be the only game in town, because then they can run it as shoddily as possible without losing market shares.
Yh that's true but I still think the attractions like the Motiongate Dubai ones and things like Star Trek and Fury are decent investments. Especially with a park like Drayton Manor or Oakwood, it would be amazing to have those parks get similar attractions.

Same with Looping Group, they'll have some decent ideas lined up for either park

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Drayton Manor actually has too many rides to qualify; 39 according to the park’s Wikipedia page!

Oakwood might fit the bill, as I think it has around 30 rides. I did also hear Thorpe Park suggested, but the park only actually has 26 rides!
The idea of Thorpe Park being suggested is kind of dumb. I dont think Merlin has any intention of selling any theme parks.

bdrizzyb

Roller Poster
Oakwood is owned by Aspro who also own Walygator Parc and some other parks and midway attractions, would they be willing too sell one of there top parks? How about Lightwater valley. After the accident last year, Livingstone leisure may want too sell Lightwater to protect the company and there other park Flambards. Plus Lightwater has unique rides in the ultimate and raptor attack.