What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Looks like it will be the end of the park, and I doubt it will be the only one to close permanently this year.

I'm actually so worried about the survival of Drayton manor this season. I will definitely be visiting as soon as they are able to reopen.

Lightwater, flamingo and pleasure wood hills are also parks I worry about surviving to the end of the season as well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In what way do you mean? I know the coronavirus issue is currently restricting parks' cash flow, but the market seemed perfectly good before.
You answered your own question there pal. The knock on effect of smaller parks (likely contenders for buying this) being that they will struggle to operate in 2020 at all, let alone be looking to drop any money on new (for them) coasters!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Its been a long time coming but Wild and Freizeitpark Klotten in Germany had for years had a concrete structure in the middle of their Gerstlauer Bobseld coaster (https://rcdb.com/2590.htm) and ABC Flume and finally their are realising their ambitions to theme it. However they are also adding an interactive dark ride inside too!
Kuniberts Abenteur will see guests travel through a haunted castle and meet the ghosts that live there. It will have interactive shooting screens incorporated into the scenes. ART engineering is supplying the ride system and Lagotronics Projects the scenes and systems.
FB_IMG_1586959980959.jpg

FB_IMG_1586959983221.jpg

FB_IMG_1586959987568.jpg

The ride cars featured onboard audio.
FB_IMG_1586959994354.jpg

Bildschirmfoto_2019-10-19_um_12.33.54.png

Pictures from the park

cookie

Giga Poster
Better late than never. Them leaving the structure unfinished for so long always looked weird to me, but when they're also adding a new dark ride is as good time as any to complete it.

Peet

Giga Poster

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think people need to remember that RCDB is just one guy's opinion and isn't a definitive list.

There are things which are absolutely coasters which he refuses to list, but then s**t like this and those butterfly things that he will.

Make your own mind up. I didn't count this before, so I won't now even though it would push me to 1,700.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
Ha good spot. I always wondered why Devil's Den and Hawnted House were listed but this one wasn't. Don't think I'll be adding it to my count though.
I believe those rides are powered by gravity throughout their course, while this one is only gravity powered through the drop, but outside of that the layout is completely level and powered by a hot rail?

I haven't done any of those rides, but I think that might be the cause?