What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

oriolat2

Giga Poster
These accidents always seem to happen on one of these mini Falling Stars (I don't know who makes those and what generic name they have). It's been years since I rode the last one; when it's not a restraint failure it's a broken arm sending the entire gondola to the ground.

Evil contraptions.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Certainly not worth its own thread and has been rumoured for a while, but it's not confirmed that Condor at Walibi Holland is getting new trains for the 2021 season..

Maybe it'll make it slightly more tolerable, but it's still sad that this means the park don't have any mid-term plans to remove it
It was better than I expected on the CF live, if the trains are good it'll be an alright coaster. I wonder how much new trains cost, compared to getting a new flat ride or something.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

UP87

Mega Poster
I rode it last summer and I think it was quite fun. I tend to ride in the front row as I think SLCs are a good ride there. Not really rattly.

Regarding removing it I have an ambivalent attitude... It's really an iconic asset of coaster history: the first SLC. Well... if I think about it that might be the reason why a larger group would not hesitate to burn it down. But still for me it's always sad to see a coaster go down. Even if a new coaster gets constructed in its place a bit of the past is gone forever. And as I said... I don't even hate SLCs. So I'm somewhat happy to know that this one will stay for some more years.

Clrun4

Roller Poster
It was better than I expected on the CF live, if the trains are good it'll be an alright coaster. I wonder how much new trains cost, compared to getting a new flat ride or something.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

IMO, I would say a new train is more affordable than a new ride. Moreover, for the ride, you will have the ground work, the electricity to make it run, it has a cost on every ride it makes.
Except for the wheels and maintenance, a new train must not have very high maintenance costs ...

But, I am a bit disappointed they didn't put the new trains on last summer. I don't like SLCs, Too rough. When I visited the park last summer, I just ignored it.
I'd rather like not to have the cred than having a headache for the rest of the day (especially when there's a wonder like Untamed close to that piece of junk)

Peet

Giga Poster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Got the cred. It was ****. Byeeeeee.

I'd like to think they'll replace it with something halfway decent, but then... it's Drayton so... maybe not.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Got the cred. It was ****. Byeeeeee.

I'd like to think they'll replace it with something halfway decent, but then... it's Drayton so... maybe not.
They pulled off some amazing replacements when Excalibore and Pirate Adventure were eventually closed due to lack of maintenance, so I'm sure this will be the same.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk