What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

costar

Mega Poster
Yes, the article is quite reasonable (for now) - a rare thing. I’m sure we’ll get the “people were dangling perilously” and “I’m never letting my kids on a roller coaster again” comments soon though.

costar

Mega Poster
Actually, look at the BBC picture again. The cars are presumably trailered. So each should have left and right wheel carriers. The nearest car does. The back car does. But the one in between... erm... I think a whole wheel assembly dropped.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
On FreizeitparkCheck.de a moderator claims that Holiday Park have ordered new trains for Expedition GeForce.

At the exit of the park, a there was a survey
being conducted and as a result he started a conversation with the employee. They criticised the one-train operation and were then told that two new trains have been ordered from Intamin.

The trains will arrive within the next two years. Since Intamin has full order books, the trains can not be delivered any sooner.

If this does really happen will it be interesting to see what sort of design they have. Hoping for Taron lapbars.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Interesting development. Expedition GeForce is still one of my all-time favourites, and it's nice to see Holiday Park's management to care about their flagship ride. Like CSLKennyNI, I'm curious to see whether this will receive the new gen trains with more open seating and Taron restraints. I wonder if the (if I'm correct) higher floor of the Taron-style trains raises some issues with the clearance envelope however.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I feel like if they're ordering two aka a new set they'll be some improvements. Potential for some great things there.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Oh wow that's nice. I honestly hope they get the same style trains, I don't really want to see Taron-style trains on it. Let the t-bars live on peacefully with 2 train ops please.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high for Taron-esk trains. Not only are they longer than the older Intamin trains, they also have a much higher heartline and a wider area of reach for passengers.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
More Smiler legal ramifications today - the two main victims are sueing:
Http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-45572981
I did feel a bit weary and concerned for Merlin after all the cuts they've had to make in light of the £5m fine, so another £4m worried me. But then I figured it'd be surprisingly naive if Merlin didn't account for civil claims as well as the fine when making all their cutting decisions - the quote about settlements implies they have some money set aside for that. All the same, though, I'm getting a bit weary of all this .

Lofty

CF Legend
It's nice that they've basically said **** YOU to them and posted a response instead of staying quiet.

Doesn't really matter though, they'll still pay them a fortune to host 2-for-1 or other deals next year, so **** them.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Efteling have announced on their blog their 2019 addition, which will cost 2.5 million euros.
In the autumn of 2019 the Efteling opens its 30th fairy tale in the Sprookjesbos: 'The six Swans', after a story by the Brothers Grimm. Construction work will start at the end of October.

Between the cave of Snow White and the house of Cinderella a castle appears in the forest, with a moat around it. Six swans will sail their rounds in this. Visitors can walk into the castle to view a scene from the fairy tale. Unique is that the smallest visitors will also be able to sail with one of the graceful swans around and through the castle, to see this scene from the fairy tale.

The Fairy Tale Forest began in 1952 with 10 fairy tales, with the arrival of The Six Swans the Fairy Tale Forest will now have 30 fairytales. The six Swans is a classic fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. As 'keeper of the fairy tale', the Efteling finds it nice to add a relatively unknown fairy tale to the Sprookjesbos, so that the visitor can also get to know new fairy tales.

The fairy tale 'De zes Zwanen' in short
Six king's sons are turned into swans by their jealous stepmother. Their little sister has to carry out an impossible task to break that spell and get her brothers back. She has to sew six shirts from bosastertjes for them and she can not speak or laugh for six years. Of course this fairytale ends well and they finally live happily ever after.

The design is by Sander de Bruijn. Concept art:
efteling-de-zes-zwanen-artist-impression.jpg

Luca B

Mega Poster
On FreizeitparkCheck.de a moderator claims that Holiday Park have ordered new trains for Expedition GeForce.

At the exit of the park, a there was a survey
being conducted and as a result he started a conversation with the employee. They criticised the one-train operation and were then told that two new trains have been ordered from Intamin.
Maybe, the coaster could get the Bizzaro treatment.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
So, uh, @GuyWithAStick who has spoken with a former Great Adventure supervisor has told me that Rolling Thunder was going to be RMC'd, they were gonna get a giga and that X Flight was meant to go to Great Adventure.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Accident news is never good and this one is a bit out of the ordinary.
It seems a stunt plane performing at Xianglong Happy Water World in Guangfu, China lost control and crashed into the park.
Two people have reportedly died (From what i gather a pilot and a passenger). After investigation, there were no other casualties on the scene. Currently, the cause of the accident is under investigation.
plane.jpg
a61b000b76a53660666e.jpg
a61c00071c7fa540df1e.jpg
http://www.twoeggz.com/news/11153859.html
http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2018-09-22/doc-ifxeuwwr7203176.shtml (Short video of the incident can be seen here)

Certainly some echoes of the stunt plane crash in the UK a few years back but thankfully this one seems to have missed anyone on the ground.