What's new

Skiing at Copper Mountain Colorado, United States

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
Just got back from a week skiing at Copper Mountain. You won't see me in the XGames anytime soon but I've gotten a lot better and was pretty proud of myself for some of the terrain I navigated on this trip.

Day 1 Blue Skies but not a lot of snow
DSC00537.jpg

Earlier bird gets the nice groomed trails first!
Copper09-30.jpg

Finally we get about 8in overnight. Not incredible but still a lot of fun!
Copper09-11.jpg

I started getting really adventurous in the Trees. Before long I was passing my friends and flying through the turns and drops.
Copper09-44.jpg

That is me on the right in the green jacket
Copper09-53.jpg

Danger is my middle name!
Copper09-55.jpg

This picture is of the Copper Bowl on the backside of the mountain and does absolutely no justice to the difficulty of the terrain.
I should have got a pic from the top but I was too excited to shred.
Copper09-57.jpg

You better go right, I'll go left and see you at the bottom :)
Copper09-56.jpg

Hope you guys dig the pics. Any other skiers out there? I'd like to seem some pics from some of you Euro Skiers.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I was at Copper Mountain two years ago and I loved it. We skid for five days. In my opinion, Colorado is one of the most beautiful places I've been to, and your pics show it. I just got home yesterday from Utah skiing. We had a great time there too.

In my opinion, Copper bowl did nothing for me. It was probably the conditions, because everything was moguls and ice, so I preferred to stay on the front side of the mountain on the groomed trails and in the trees.

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
rollerdude said:
In my opinion, Copper bowl did nothing for me. It was probably the conditions, because everything was moguls and ice, so I preferred to stay on the front side of the mountain on the groomed trails and in the trees.

I don't do moguls either but lucky for me there was some good powder in the bowl, some mogul free runs, and some cool rock drop offs.

Glad to hear you had a good time skiing in Utah. We are thinking of either going there next year, Mt. Hood, or trekking up to somewhere in Canada.

tks

Strata Poster
I would've gone straight through that little fence. I never did get the hang of stopping..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
There's plenty of mountains in Utah to ski, and in my opinion, the best are The Canyons, Snowbird, Solitude, and Alta. The rest are obviously good too, but you can't ski them all, unless you spend like three weeks.

thx

Mega Poster
peep said:
Nice pics and report there. Just makes me want to go skiing again.
Ditto.

I like the 2nd photo as it reminds me of The Shining, and I love the 2nd to last photo, it looks so beautiful and sort of mystical.

Love skiing, but some of those hills look pretty intense and would probably end up a disaster if I went down them. However, a lot of the trails there look pretty nice, and it definitely makes me want to go skiing somewhere on like actual mountains instead of the smaller places I usually go.

Nice pics!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Man I gots to get back out to Colorado!
My nephew works at Copper & I should take advantage.
Great pics & the snow looks awesome. I really love the woods!
vermilionguy said: