What's new

Skatteøen, Mack Water Coaster For Djurs Sommerland

marc

CF Legend
Read this on Screamscape this morning and I think its a good addition to the park.

The latest rumor for Djurs Sommerland is that the park will purchase a Mack Watercoaster for the 2011 season, just in time for their 30th Anniversary. Construction has already begun on the 2011 project along with a sign promising that the attraction will be the biggest new ride in Denmark that year. I’ve also been sent a picture of the ride’s rumored latout, which closely matches a layout for a watercoaster posted.

The document is in Dannish but it shows the layout etc. http://www.syddjurs.dk/Portaler/Erhverv ... Files/Miljø/Miljøgodkendelser/Djurs+Sommerland_tillæg

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks like it'll be good fun and a great addition to the park. The park was fantastic when we went and an attraction like this will draw in more crowds. Not sure if it'll be enough to make me go all the way back but it's something different for the park.

marc

CF Legend
I really liked the park and they seem to be making some good investments, they took a risk with the Megalite and it pulled in the crowds so they have money to invest now.

A

Anonymous

It may be the largest addition that will be made to a park in Denmark next, year but I doubt that it will be the best, especially since Legoland is rumored to get a Gerstlauer Launch coaster, and who knows maybe some other parks may announce other stuff later on...

I really hope that they in the future add something that inverts, since that is an area where they are lacking at the moment.

marc

CF Legend
Thinking about it they already have a Log Flume and a Rapids, maybe they should have gone for an inverting coaster on that land.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'd happily go back there new ride or no new ride. They need a bigger water ride than the Log Flume so this should do nicely.

nadroJ

CF Legend
That would be awesome, the pirate theme is way too underused and Djurs have done a pretty kickass job with it so far.

andrus

Giga Poster
The construction of the coaster is now complete. At the moment Djurs is working with the theming and it indeed looks like it'll have some sort of pirate theming to go along with Piraten.

http://www.djurssommerland.dk/billedgalleri.html

It looks like a pretty standard Mack water coaster to me but I still think it'll be a great addition to the park!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A couple of new pics have appeared on their website, showing the slashpool construction and the station. You can clearly see the theme starting to take shape.

b3377d2d7b.jpg

767ef6f29a.jpg

Images from: http://www.djurssommerland.dk/index.php?id=325

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks fun but extremely short. The theme looks cool at the moment but looks a bit too 'clean' for a pirate theme.

Lofty

CF Legend
A bit too clean? Oliver. They obviously have to paint it and add more theming once done. Gosh. What a silly post ;)
I like it, it's small, but effective, well, if it's like any of the other Mack Water Coasters, probably not that effective in actually getting you wet...

Lofty

CF Legend
I love the theming on this, it's really nice. The boats are also fab, they're not just your normal, average, plastic blue coloured boat:

0f86867990.jpg

&

Reminds me of Battle Galleons queue:
a7a1963b00.jpg