What's new

Six Flags St. Louis 2021 Raptor Plans

Fi

Mega Poster
As much as I’d love to see this, given SF are aggressively cutting spending to improve their liquidity then I think these plans will be shelved. Hopefully just temporarily as I think a Raptor would be a great addition for the park.

Six Flags April 8 press release:
To enhance its liquidity, the company is taking proactive steps to address its capital spending for calendar year 2020, including deferring or eliminating at least $40-50 millionof discretionary capital projects planned for 2020

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Take this is as Six Flags testing the waters. What if this supposed raptor works well? If they are happy with RMC, who know, maybe Iron Boss could be next ;-)
Ah, yes. Building a Raptor at St. Louis would be a good way to gauge the popularity of a potential RMC conversion of a woodie for Six Flags. It's not like they have any previous RMC conversions of woodies to draw experiences from. Or, well, they have seven, but that's really not enough to draw any conclusions. Gotta test the waters a little bit more, I'm not complaining!

Matt N

CF Legend
We wont. I'll put money on it, for at least 5 years.
What makes you so sure? There are many parks in the UK that could build one; Alton and Thorpe are both prime contenders (although I admit that capacity might be an issue), and midsize parks like Flamingo Land or Paultons (if they decide to try something for thrillseekers) might be able to invest in one if they wanted. I know that the current predicament throws anything that was previously true out of the window for now, but within the next 5 years, I could see things returning to where they were before for the tourism industry.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
What makes you so sure? There are many parks in the UK that could build one; Alton and Thorpe are both prime contenders (although I admit that capacity might be an issue), and midsize parks like Flamingo Land or Paultons (if they decide to try something for thrillseekers) might be able to invest in one if they wanted. I know that the current predicament throws anything that was previously true out of the window for now, but within the next 5 years, I could see things returning to where they were before for the tourism industry.
No way Towers will get one purely with the tree height limit as for Thorpe when was there any substantial investment? Suspect the smaller parks like FL & PP as you suggested would be good candidates especially as throughput's are less of an issue to a degree

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Sigh.
While I'm happy to see more Raptors in the world, and I'm also happy to see SFStL getting a new coaster, ultimately this is just another Six Flags park getting just another clone, no doubt with another lame DC theme and a sh*t name.
Yes, Railblazer is an amazing ride but come on, man, where's the originality? Where's the excitement? Wonder Woman mkII is not enough to make me wanna go back there. RMC Boss on the other hand? I'd have been all over that!
Come to think of it, RMC Screaming Eagle is not an entirely unappealing prospect either.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Come to think of it, RMC Screaming Eagle is not an entirely unappealing prospect either.
giphy.gif

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Sigh.
While I'm happy to see more Raptors in the world, and I'm also happy to see SFStL getting a new coaster, ultimately this is just another Six Flags park getting just another clone, no doubt with another lame DC theme and a sh*t name.
Yes, Railblazer is an amazing ride but come on, man, where's the originality? Where's the excitement? Wonder Woman mkII is not enough to make me wanna go back there. RMC Boss on the other hand? I'd have been all over that!
100% true, I’m not complaining about the South Dakota water park getting a railblazer clone because they probably don’t make near the amount of money these other parks do but I’m disappointed with magic mountain, the crown Jewel of six flax, for getting a near clone of jersey devil. If uk get an rmc raptor, I want it to be custom

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Sigh.

I'd normally agree with this, but SFStL does need an all new coaster. RMC'ing Boss or Screaming Eagle wouldn't add a new coaster to the park, it would only remake a current one. And, tbh, clones are the only way I can see this park getting a new coaster. SF corporate just doesn't seem to care too much about it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd normally agree with this, but SFStL does need an all new coaster. RMC'ing Boss or Screaming Eagle wouldn't add a new coaster to the park, it would only remake a current one.
Here to tell you - an RMCed Boss would still be a smash hit. RMC's "remakes" has been massive crowd draws across the board. ;)

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Here to tell you - an RMCed Boss would still be a smash hit. RMC's "remakes" has been massive crowd draws across the board. ;)

Oh, trust me, I know. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a smash hit, but I am saying that they need a new coaster addition without getting rid of one in the process.