What's new

Six Flags New England | New England SkyScreamer | Star Flyer

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Six Flags New England|"Star Flyer"|World's Tallest Starf

This probably could have been kept in the other thread...

Anyway, the name could be a hint to this being the more common type of this ride (in Europe...), rather than them ugly Windseekers...?

bmac

Giga Poster

I don't like the looks of either the Windseekers or the Skyscreamers. By the way this is the topper you'll be looking at on top of the "Sky-Flyer."

SFStL-4-15-2011-Sky-Screamer-6.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster

And in other news today, Six Flags has decided, once again, to make a ride that says "Look, we have the bigger co....err....non-pervse and family friendly term for the male genitalia" than Cedar Fair. WEEEEEEeeeeee~~~~~

Seriously...

bmac

Giga Poster

Just wait til you see it lit up at night, the locals will be complaining night and day about it.

sparky2u

Mega Poster

Went on my 1st Star-Flyer at Plopsaland, Loved it but held on to the chains. ;-) 385ft should be an amazing experience, shame Thorpe Park is not getting one at 210ft high right next to "Stealth"

Intricks

Strata Poster

bmac said:
Just wait til you see it lit up at night, the locals will be complaining night and day about it.

Hi there, are you trying to sleep? Here, let me give you the light of a thousand suns to keep them monsters away.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

There are rumors circulating that the Star Flyer may be held off until 2014 and next summer Mind Eraser will be dismantled so they can put in a B&M wingrider.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
There are rumors circulating that the Star Flyer may be held off until 2014 and next summer Mind Eraser will be dismantled so they can put in a B&M wingrider.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? :--D mind eraser for a b&m wingrider would be the greatest thing ever.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ Yep. If its under 200 feet (which all wingriders currently are) then it wouldn't need permission from the zoning committee. However, this is just a rumor. My gut tells me that it is in fact just a rumor and next summer we will be getting the star flyer. It wont be until 2014 or 2015 that they take down Mind Eraser imo.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

Oh okay that is still great news. I would much rather have a wingrider than Mind Eraser. Mind Eraser is nothing special and rough. A wingrider replacing it would be amazing look forward to hearing about it in the future. :)

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ the teaser doesn't give much away. I would prefer a wingrider, but I don't think its gonna happen next summer.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

I know I would prefer a wingrider than a starflyer or mind eraser.

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

IMO WindSeekerslook nice and elegant while the star flyers look like poop.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

The star flyers are fun, a lot better than poop I should say. But yes Windseekers are definitely better and have more comfortable restraints. Not to mention, they're all 300 feet. :--D

bmac

Giga Poster

Just wait until you see the topper piece lit up...

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Re: Six Flags New England|"Star Flyer"|2014 Star Flyer

At 385 feet off the ground looking down on Bizarro, I don't think I'll mind too much. This will/will not become official on Thursday, August 30.

EDIT: Aug 30 - they're holding this off until 2014 and getting a water ride for 2013. Topic name changed to 2014.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Re: Six Flags New England|"Star Flyer"|2014 Star Flyer

bizarrofan10 said:
At 385 feet off the ground looking down on Bizarro, I don't think I'll mind too much. This will/will not become official on Thursday, August 30.

EDIT: Aug 30 - they're holding this off until 2014 and getting a water ride for 2013. Topic name changed to 2014.

Is this still world's tallest? Isnt the one in Texas 400ft?