What's new

Six Flags Mexico | Medusa Steel Coaster | RMC Iron Horse

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
loveagiga said:
RMC seems to be the Intamin of the wooden coaster world with more class ;) They are quickly becoming my favorite manufacturer .... well... after B&M of course! ;D Im obsessed with Iron Rattler & could def see this hybrid on my top 10 list as well.

Let's hope not. The last thing we need is another ride manufacturer with the downtime reputation of Intamin.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
loveagiga said:
RMC seems to be the Intamin of the wooden coaster world with more class ;) They are quickly becoming my favorite manufacturer .... well... after B&M of course! ;D Im obsessed with Iron Rattler & could def see this hybrid on my top 10 list as well.

Let's hope not. The last thing we need is another ride manufacturer with the downtime reputation of Intamin.

If they just take the awesomeness of the rides, however...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Intamin to Win said:
rollermonkey said:
loveagiga said:

If they just take the awesomeness of the rides, however...
...and leave the body count.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Intamin to Win said:
^RMC did already kill someone, remember.
RMC didn't kill anyone. They didn't build the train, the faulty restraint safety system nor hire the employee that allowed the woman to ride.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I think I'll let the video speak for itself...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcAsHARiWbs#t=34[/youtube]

A modest height, but SFM are surely onto a winner here, which will only be embellished when the vegetation grows up to how it was on the original Medusa. Pacing, especially through the first inversion, seems great too. :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
10366260_10152469286632138_7835920348936047064_n.jpg

From the park's Facebook page

bmac

Giga Poster
So basically you're going through that entire first drop every other way but the proper one.

davidm

Strata Poster
This opened this past weekend.

And, POV;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUH4YX0VG4Q[/youtube]

(edited to link to CF's YT)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This looks so much better than I ever imagined. It has everything, but not enough to encourage me to get beheaded by a cartel down in Mexico.

This does look better than Goliath...

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
It looks like it picks up so much speed despite the rather short first hill. Definitely looks like it doesn't meander like Iron Rattler ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
That looks fantastic! Looks to absolutely fly from drop to brakes. Not overly keen on the drawn out roll but the rest of it looks amazing.

Martyn B

CF Legend
This looks like it has great pacing, and apart from the in-lines, it pretty much has a woody-esque layout. Defo looks a lot better than Goliath.