What's new

Six Flags Mexico | Medusa Steel Coaster | RMC Iron Horse

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The park's Medusa wooden coaster will see a Rocky Mountain Construction Iron Horse treatment, and be converted to a steel coaster hybrid. We have seen a similar conversion for Iron Rattler and the New Texas Giant in the past. Medusa will stand 98 ft. tall, reach 58 mph, and have three inversions.

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin201 ... l-coaster/

Screen_Shot_2013-08-29_at_8.31.32_AM.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsiaFWkJdWE[/youtube]

Gazza

Giga Poster
Re: Six Flags Mexico | "Medusa Steel Coaster" | RMC Iron Hor

Yep, at 40 seconds.

I quite like how it has a "smiler drop" on it.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Another one that just looks great. I want to see the full layout, but 3 inversion should work pretty well.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

My biggest criticism of Iron Horse Treatment is the exact thing it was designed to cure - rough wooden coaster layouts. Because RMC is not able to build from the ground up, they are "locked in" to the previous structure. NTG and Iron Rattler are good coasters, but have moments of delay or drag, which I believe to be RMC working with the footprint they were given.

That being said, I am more excited for this creation than Goliath at SFGA. I would imagine RMC has learned plenty through Iron Rattler and NTG, and look forward to seeing how their third Iron Horse works out.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

^I wouldn't be surprised if both threads are merged soon.

While Medusa is locked into its former layout, the old one did flow very nicely and from what I can see, this looks just as flowing. The drop looks naughty and the turns in the valleys look like they will be quick, forceful, and fun. The tops of the turnarounds will probably be lowered to help with pacing, which is always a plus. I was at first skeptical about Medusa's refurb, but seeing what they have planned, I think it will work out nicely.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

That looks so awesome! The inversions look so cool! I love the name Medusa mostly because of the Anthrax song but partly because it goes well with coasters.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

So It looks good, but my concern with it is it may suffer from pacing issues and aimless meandering. The major issues I have with NTG and IR. Wonder if RMC will make it third time the charm and be on par with the best coasters on the planet.

Hutch

Strata Poster

I'm actually not a big fan of the name "Medusa Steel Coaster." I was kind of hoping it would be called something cooler like "Metal Medusa" cool). Medusa Steel Coaster seems pretty unoriginal.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Well, considering we went from Texas Giant to NEW Texas Giant, Rattler to Iron Rattler, Medusa's new name is actually far better than the other two rehashes, and while still lame sounding, isnt as lame sounding as the others. Like, .02% less lame.

jolash

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
Well, considering we went from Texas Giant to NEW Texas Giant, Rattler to Iron Rattler, Medusa's new name is actually far better than the other two rehashes, and while still lame sounding, isnt as lame sounding as the others. Like, .02% less lame.

Who're you kidding? Medusa Steel Coaster is by far the blandest, edging out New Texas Giant, and Iron Rattler definitely being the best.

Medusa Steel Coaster is on par with naming it Roller Coaster 2.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jolash

Mega Poster

I believe the signage would still read Medusa Steel Coaster, but according to Google Translator this would translate to simply Medusa Acero Coaster.

Intricks

Strata Poster

jolash said:
Intricks said:

Who're you kidding? Medusa Steel Coaster is by far the blandest, edging out New Texas Giant, and Iron Rattler definitely being the best.

Medusa Steel Coaster is on par with naming it Roller Coaster 2.

So is Iron Rattler and NEW Texas Giant. Im not saying its the greatest name out there, but of the 3, it is roughly 0.02% less lame than those.

Hobbes

Mega Poster

^I think the other Iron Horse names are better. I actually think Iron Rattler sounds pretty cool, and at least New Texas Giant has a nice ring to it. Medusa Steel Coaster just sounds like crap.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Hobbes said:
^I think the other Iron Horse names are better. I actually think Iron Rattler sounds pretty cool, and at least New Texas Giant has a nice ring to it. Medusa Steel Coaster just sounds like crap.

This