What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

bmac said:
It isn't that they failed epicly, they were really comfortable compared to other intamin lap bars and almost on par with the B&M clamshells. It's because Skyrush was too intense for that particular style of lap bar with all those negative G's

I think it was more they came down on your thighs not your waist where you can clearly tell it was supposed to go.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

bmac said:
It isn't that they failed epicly, they were really comfortable compared to other intamin lap bars and almost on par with the B&M clamshells. It's because Skyrush was too intense for that particular style of lap bar with all those negative G's
I think Bizarro and Millennium Force have similar inteisty to SkyRush, and their U-shaped lap bars are much more comfortable to SkyRush's lap bar. Also, the B&M clamshells are my favorite lap bars, but they may be more comfortable because the B&M mega coasters are tamer than the Intamin hyper coasters.
SkyRush's intensity does play a part, but I think that the lap bars were poorly designed to an extent. Like Joey said, they do come down too hard on your legs instead of your waist.

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

I like the name "Full Throttle" for a launch coaster. It better be damn fast with a name like that though.

Could be a "working title" name though.

bmac

Giga Poster

Now that the manufacturer is probably out of the way, let's talk about this horrible name...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Wow. Just assumed it'd be Intamin.
This is surely going to be the biggest thing Premier has done?

Full Throttle? I like it. More than "Gatekeeper" :lol: :(

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

Personally I'd love to see an S & S launcher come to the states with those sexy new four across trains and would also love if SFMM broke a record that was actually interesting for once, like the highest acceleration record which would be right up S & S's alley.

Those of you who have ridden Extreme Rusher: are the restraints comfortable or crap?

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

I've heard it was Premier also, for awhile now. So unless something has changed...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
Personally I'd love to see an S & S launcher come to the states with those sexy new four across trains and would also love if SFMM broke a record that was actually interesting for once, like the highest acceleration record which would be right up S & S's alley.

Those of you who have ridden Extreme Rusher: are the restraints comfortable or crap?

I have one ride to mention to you: Ring Racer.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ In reply, Extreme Rusher. That works, and is awesome.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ Yes, but if you want to go for an acceleration record, ring racer would be the better example. Granted, they could do a US only, which would be better for S&S to do, but trying to bear Dodonpa rate of acceleration would result in another Ring Racer embarassment.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ What? Why not make an Extreme Rusher then?

steel

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:

I have one ride to mention to you: Ring Racer.
Powder Keg has been working fine for seven years.

bmac

Giga Poster

It's because Ring Racer had too much pressure in it during the launch, causing the tanks to basically explode. Other rides have been fine with the pressure launches (powder keg, Dodonpa, etc.). As long as Six Flags isn't like "WE WANT IT 2 GO 120 MPH!!!1!11!" it should be fine, if they go with S&S in the first place :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

As stated before, Ring Racer's launch mechanism wasn't up to snuff with regard to the forces exerted by the compressed air. Extreme Rusher goes 50 mph slower, so the forces aren't as strong obviously.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

Also the reason Ring Racer isn't currently operating is an issue with the politics involved with the race track not the launch mechanism.