What's new

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom closed? (update on page 5)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
East Coast(er) General said:
left a bitter taste in the mouths of guests. (Yes, the GP does notice when a coaster that dominates the skyline is not running, even if they never intended to ride it.)

I can testify to this ;)

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I am truly honored to have caused that post (with the help of the hero, IHeartArrow). :)

Apparantly Compagnie des Alpes is looking into SFKK now...

Naemuti

Mega Poster
UC said:
a lot of stuff

i_support_this_post.jpg

A

Anonymous

Ride Relocation Speculation

T2 - I could see T2 going to the Great Escape in New York. It's currently the only Six Flags park without any inverted coaster. While T2 is old and pretty rough, Six Flags doesn't invest much in that park anyway, so it would fit.

Roller Skater - Six Flags St. Louis's single kiddie coaster was demolished for the building of the Evel Knievel coaster. That seems to be the perfect Six Flags park for it to go to.

Greezed Lightnin' - While this old ride may not get relocated at all, I think the best park for it would be Six Flags New England, as they lack a launched coaster; if not, then possibly Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

Road Runner Express - This is complete speculation, but I think Six Flags America or Discovery Kingdom could use this wild mouse most.

Thunder Run - Odds are that this ride isn't going anywhere, but if it was to move, then I think it would be great at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. That park's only woodie is really big but with no airtime (but a GREAT tunnel!). Thunder Run is the exact opposite - Small, with lots of airtime. I don't know where it could go in the park, however.

Twisted Twins - This is a hard one to decide. It's likely to be scrapped anyway. Six Flags Over Texas and Over Georgia lack a racing woodie, but I can't really see either of those major parks getting a used woodie that's been SBNO for two years. I guess it could also go to either Six Flags Mexico of the Great Escape...

I hope all the rides are relocated, this is just my opinion.

Snoo

The Legend
^I like the idea for most of those.. as most of those parks could use that ride type.

I had never realized it until you said it but SFStl doesn't have a kiddie ride. I should have noticed being that I went there last year.. but I guess it just never crossed my mind. Well.. if SF has any possibility to move, a place without a kiddie would be the best option.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
^I like the idea for most of those.. as most of those parks could use that ride type.

I second this, especially Greezed Lightning. It's an interesting coaster, and having it 2 hours away at my home park would be bitchin'. :D

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Well, right now there are a ton of rumors going around about what SF can take and what is Kentucky Kingdom's, and the very small chance that the park may be bought because apparently four anonymous companies are "interested".

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not so sure that this will actually happen, but it would be nice if they can pull it off. The park has too much to offer to just throw it all away.
That being said, I think it will take much more than $20 million to bring it up to former standards.

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
Especially with Six Flags pulling out the $12 million star attraction. I think the park really needs a new big coaster to help restart itself and bring guests back.