What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

Edward M

Strata Poster
facebook_1553358967718.jpg

facebook_1553358989136.jpg

facebook_1553359005343.jpg

I remember there being a little bunny hill right after the launch in the POV announcement. Guess that didn't pan out for one reason or another. Either way, this looks rather exciting! Great for us lazy Americans to not have to go to Asia for an S&S air launch :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I remember there being a little bunny hill right after the launch in the POV announcement. Guess that didn't pan out for one reason or another. Either way, this looks rather exciting! Great for us lazy Americans to not have to go to Asia for an S&S air launch :p
Maybe it's because that's the brake run in shot. ;)

Besides the last two pictures anyway.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's a pretty cool ACE construction tour video by Coaster Fanatics, and shows the sheer size of the coaster amongst the rest of the park, it's absolutely mahoosive!

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't really think it looks that massive compared to the rest of the rides in the park... it's literally smaller than the coaster next to it..?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't really think it looks that massive compared to the rest of the rides in the park... it's literally smaller than the coaster next to it..?
I mean, I guess it is only the fourth tallest coaster in the park. It's the fastest though.

Something I am confused with about this ride is the train setup. The original video showcased 2 trains of 12 passengers, whereas at the ACE presentation, it was confirmed the ride will have 2 trains of 16 passengers. But in that ACE tour video I just posted, the woman says the ride will feature 3 trains. So the possible train setups are as follows:-
  • 2 trains of 12 passengers
  • 3 trains of 12 passengers
  • 2 trains of 16 passengers
  • 3 trains of 16 passengers
I'm leaning towards the first option, but I honestly can't be sure.

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
175 feet tall is pretty tall...they just happened to put it so close to Raging Bull****. It'll tower over Whizzer and Viper though.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I mean, I guess it is only the fourth tallest coaster in the park. It's the fastest though.

Something I am confused with about this ride is the train setup. The original video showcased 2 trains of 12 passengers, whereas at the ACE presentation, it was confirmed the ride will have 2 trains of 16 passengers. But in that ACE tour video I just posted, the woman says the ride will feature 3 trains. So the possible train setups are as follows:-
  • 2 trains of 12 passengers
  • 3 trains of 12 passengers
  • 2 trains of 16 passengers
  • 3 trains of 16 passengers
I'm leaning towards the first option, but I honestly can't be sure.

Could just mean there's 2 trains on the circuit at any one time, but that they've purchased 3. Or someone made a mistake somewhere. Or things have changed.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Could just mean there's 2 trains on the circuit at any one time, but that they've purchased 3. Or someone made a mistake somewhere. Or things have changed.
You know with Six Flags that if they have purchased three trains, you are only going to have 2 at best running, and the third one will be cannibalized for parts. Plus, what's the point of having such a short ride with 3 trains? Other parks have attempted to run 3 trains on really short coasters with little success (Furius Baco comes to my mind; PA found out that the operational costs of running 3 trains were so high compared to the increase in throughput that the idea was soon scrapped).

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ha, there's no way Six Flags will make the effort to runs three trains on this. Regardless, I don't even know if this ride can even operate with three trains.

The structure does seem pretty impressive though. Should be fun to watch... hold on will this ride even have decent viewing areas? The animation POV makes it seem like its out on its own.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The third train should just be sent completely unassembled. Save time.

**** Six Flaga and dual load stations with 2 trains. And short rides. And **** operations.

Have a Six Flags day y'all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk