What's new

Six Flags Great Adventure!

A

Anonymous

got season pass to this park for 2010! should be amazing. i've ridden every roller coaster except kingda ka, because it has always been closed and one time there was like a 3 hour wait. post your rating of this park on a scale from 1 to 10. thanks :lol: if it is below 5, tell me why you think it's not that great.

^ I didn't find it a dump at all.

It has one of the best coaster lineups out of any park I have ever been to, and the atmosphere is decent enough. The people that go aren't the most desireable, or at least weren't when I went, but I had a good time!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^To be honest I do kinda think you've backed up his point.

The coasters are good, however the park isn't great.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
One of my impressions from my last visit:

Some of the midways are absolutely GARGANTUAN. Some are rediculously narrow for a park it's size.

The coaster selection is quite good, but the experience of the park as a whole is haphazard. Some employees go out of the way to help you, others look like they want to kill you. Some parts of the park are gorgeous, others look run down and shabby.

I'd say it's a decent enough park, but I don't center trips around getting to it.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I'd probably rate it a 8.5/10.

It has a great coaster selection and is quite a nice park with some nice theming in places. El Toro is awesome and Kingda Ka is great too. You also have Nitro, Batman, Superman and Bizarro which are all pretty good coasters. Theres not much in terms of flats but they don't really need them with their great coaster line-up.

The atmosphere is okay aswell.

Jake

Strata Poster
I thought the coasters were amazing (although, I prefered SFMM's), but the park was a complete hole. I'd give it a 7/10, and SFMM a 9/10.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I've been going to SFGAdv for the past 20 years & the park keeps getting better year in & year out. This year the park probably made the biggest leap so far, with better/friendlier staff; renovations (including the complete re-tracking of Rolling Thunder) & cleanliness. You have to remember that the focus of this park has changed quite a bit & made coasters it's number one priority. The selection can only be matched by Cedar Point & SFMM. So while SFGAdv can't compare to parks like Busch Gardens Williamsburg, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Studios Islands of Adventure or Disney park-wise, it does match up pretty well with the other two coaster giants. It still has a way to go, but management is on the right track & I look forward to each visit (something I couldn't say a decade ago).

Jodabomb24

Roller Poster
I think the coasters are really what make this park. It's got Kingda Ka which has the appeal of being the world's tallest and (though this will disappear soon) fastest roller coaster, and El Toro, which also has several world's firsts. Not to mention the sheer amazing-ness of Bizarro and Nitro.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
(including the complete re-tracking of Rolling Thunder)

When did this happen?! :shock: the only new looking wood on the ride I ever saw was in the beginning of the last turn.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Silly argument for disliking a park.

Without that number of visitors, they'd never have the money to build the coasters they have. Crowds piss me off as well. They can influence how good a day I have (or not), but not my opinion of whether the park is actually any good. Choose a quieter time of year or suck it up and shell out for a flash pass if the crowds ruin your time there that much.

I really liked the park. El Toro was fantastic. Ka was great on first riding, but I almost wish I hadn't ridden a second time though. It made me realise that the speed and height didn't actually mean that much. The flyer, the floorless and Nitro were all decent enough as well. I can't really remember anything else to be honest.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Great Adventure is a sweet park. I loved Kingda ka, I loved Nitro, I loved Bizarro, I loved GASM and I looooooved El Toro. That's 5 GREAT Coasters in one park. The overall design, yes, was a little wonky, but this can be ignored because of the great coasters. The flat rides did disappoint me, but hey, i'll take another circuit on El Toro before I ride a Screamin' Eagle :wink:

8.5/10

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Of course we're looking forward to Green Lantern. Only a few of us were lucky enough to ride Chang at SFKK & this will provide many more with the chance to enjoy one of the best stand-ups ever built. It's too bad that we had to say goodbye to a classic Arrow looper in the process.
Now if they would just get some decent flat rides...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I found the park a real mixed bag. Some of it is really quite lush and nice, other parts are just concrete expanses. Where there IS theming, it's top notch, but it's not consistent at all.

It really reminded me of a Thorpe kind of park. Very kind of corporate and "designed" (but in distinct stages under distinctly vastly different budgets).

Ride wise, I thought it it was excellent (except for Ka sucking big time :p ). There's a lot of good coaster ground to get through and if you weren't a "coaster enthusiast", it's a superb line up, range and quality. I hated Superman, but I can see why people like it - it's just such horrid placing. Batman was great (if you haven't been on any of the clones I suppose, which I haven't). Nitro is great fun, if a little Marmite. El Toro was utterly superb. Bizzaro was meh, but fun enough I guess, that kind of area of the park from Toro to there was alright actually.

Other than that, the park was a pretty standard mix of meh and kiddy. I had a good day there though, which is the most important thing.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
9/10

Coasterwise, SFGAdv trails to only a few parks including CP and MM. For a Six Flags park, it acutally has really good theming, but it can't compete with Disney parks. The coasters were amazing, but.............

East Coast(er) General said:
Now if they would just get some decent flat rides...

Like every Six Flags park, SFGAdv lacks flat rides.