What's new

Six Flags Great Adventure | Zumanjaro | 415 ft. Drop Tower

spicy

Giga Poster
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure | Zumanjaro | 415 ft. Drop Tow

This is going to be absolutely terrifying.

Probably me just being stupid, but it kinda worries me that the tower structure was never constructed to have the additional weight of 3 drop towers attached to it. I know they will have worked out that its 100% safe and that the structure is more than capable of handling the additional weight of the drop towers. I'm just pointing out what I think :lol:

jj23w

Hyper Poster

spicy said:
This is going to be absolutely terrifying.

Probably me just being stupid, but it kinda worries me that the tower structure was never constructed to have the additional weight of 3 drop towers attached to it. I know they will have worked out that its 100% safe and that the structure is more than capable of handling the additional weight of the drop towers. I'm just pointing out what I think :lol:
No you are absolutely correct i don`t usually go on drop towers I cried on the one at london dungeons when i was little.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Bj8j3atCYAAW3x6.jpg:large

Smithy

Strata Poster

That picture gives me vertigo.

And lul that looks unsturdy as ****, wouldn't get me on it (because I'm a wuss, not because it looks unsturdy).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

The final piece is now in place.

1000977_10152057899988513_144877427_n.jpg

From the park's Facebook page.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqkqTo7iL3k[/youtube]

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Oh how exciting!!

Is this the same intamin system used at the London Trocadero?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

If I were to try real hard to find something to be negative about this ride, it would be that they didn't chose matching colors for the three drop rails, otherwise it looks so awesome!

Screaming Coasters said:
Is this the same intamin system used at the London Trocadero?

That's right, only updated (and bigger) vehicles.

bmac

Giga Poster

_koppen said:
If I were to try real hard to find something to be negative about this ride, it would be that they didn't chose matching colors for the three drop rails, otherwise it looks so awesome!

Seconded, although now the orange train has something to contrast to for the 10 seconds it spends circulating the track.

Hutch

Strata Poster

Waiting in the queue and looking directly up would be pretty scary looking!

Intricks

Strata Poster

I need to get back to this park now. I loved Lex Luthor (especially as it sways <3) and while this really dont feel like too much of a height difference, it will be awesome and lovely. Too bad it will only feel like the Arch as the coaster goes round :(

bmac

Giga Poster

Prepare for a hike and stupidly long lines to ride. The Queue will be close to a quarter mile long, from its beginning point near Kingda Ka's entrance all the way down and around Kingda Ka's tower. The queue right now seems to be about 50% done, and should be opening Memorial Day weekend (either the 23rd of the 24th).

On another note they've had crews up on the tower apparently putting the final touches on before they start to do the lift and drop tests.

Hutch

Strata Poster

While the main purpose of this Facebook post was to advertise their fast food trucks, it still provides a great shot of the entire structure.

10246768_10152106938523513_472405713328353795_n.jpg

bmac

Giga Poster

Opening has been delayed to "Late Spring" instead of Memorial Day.

Here's a pic of the ride today minus the crane.
8G9se.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend

It does look scary as ****, but I do wish they'd have coloured it the same colour as the supports of Ka <//3

bmac

Giga Poster

Coaster Crew posted pictures from one of their members who works at the park, amazed that they haven't shared it anywhere else (not really):

10303301_478551452278476_2301628982069011964_n.jpg

10300038_478551438945144_6417625106382337286_n.jpg

Flyin' Phil also posted a picture from one of his flyovers on May 6th:
083.jpg

There will be a shaded queue house adjacent to the tower.

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Scariest torture drop tower I've ever seen I don't want to go on it.

Hutch

Strata Poster

There park's FB says it will be ready to open in early June.
10383534_10152146741803513_8378791376354639065_n.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I'd go on this before I'd go on Falcon's Fury. Both are a whole lot of nope though.

bmac

Giga Poster

Since there hasn't been much activity lately...

-Full height drop tests have been conducted
-Testing is not 100% complete yet
-Kingda Ka is open at random times on the weekends when Zumanjaro's testing concludes

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

I received my invite to the media day, which will be on July 2nd, but unfortunately that's the day I'm flying to Europe. I could still attend the event if it was being held in the early morning, like every other media event I've attended, but this one isn't starting until noon and I have a 3:50pm flight from JFK (which is two hours away and can't risk missing my flight). :(
Anyhoo, the ride will be opening to the public by next weekend, so good news for coaster addict (assuming he picks Great Adventure over Six Flags America) and any others that are planning to go to the park after next week.