What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas gets the first RMC Raptor track!

peep

CF Legend
This looks interesting, and like lots of others I'm concerned the capacity will be a problem. Should be a fun ride though.

How many do we think Six Flags have purchased? Or do we think they're waiting on guest reaction before the bulk roll-out?

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
Just Speculating here but I suspect that Six Flags announced this ride way ahead of the rest of their announcements because cedar fair may be announcing one in the middle of the month for one of their parks. Could be completely wrong but its the thought that crossed my mind.

Other than that I echo the capacity questions and think the color scheme and name are bad, but it's nice to finally see one of these RMC Raptor models being built.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What are the chances of this getting closed? Also, the restraints appear to be similar to the ones on Mack rides mega coasters, so it'll be really interesting!

Intricks

Strata Poster
RMC may have let out a bit more info than they wanted via their Facebook page. Maybe this is hinting at either another one for the chain or even one for Cedar Fair.
9114680b0692e3de617735d94aa6de6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm sure it'll ride like a dream but I just hate how it looks. The Ronald Mcdonald colours and the skinny track are just so gross to me.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's RMC so I have no doubt if it's potential awesomeness but I do have a few reservations, aside from the colour scheme, about one thing. The train.

If the render is to be believed (and why shouldn't it be), then yes, capacity will probably be vile. This news is still fresh yet I feel the capacity question has been discussed to death.

The second, and most vital imo, is the doll seating arrangement. It's is very rare for me to ride alone. I don't like doing it and this hobby is a social thing for me. Although there is miliage in being fully immersed in a ride experience without distraction from other riders, I enjoy to share the experience. I like to sit next to somebody.

Those two gripes aside (three including colour), I'm very excited to see this go up. It's a RMC - Really Marvellous Cred.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If you look at the station building that has been rendered, the station looks kind of long for an 8 row station. Could we potentially be seeing separate on and offload areas in the station? That would boost capacity:-

636372915181723286-wonder-woman-single-rail-coaster4.jpg

Oh, and a 2 train raptor track can pull over 400 pph, and 3 trains pulls 600 pph, so it's seems every train pulls about 200 :-

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
So a couple other tidbits of info:

-The ride will have a continuously moving station
-Will run 3 trains of 8 riders
-Capacity of around 600 per hour. (not the best, but 100-150 more than your standard Sky Rocket II)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So a couple other tidbits of info:

-The ride will have a continuously moving station
-Will run 3 trains of 8 riders
-Capacity of around 600 per hour. (not the best, but 100-150 more than your standard Sky Rocket II)

Source?

What's the capacity on a standard free-spin? (EDIT) Never mind, it's 720 pph.

In a strange way, this for some reason reminds me of a standard S&S El-Loco.

Last edited:

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
The second, and most vital imo, is the doll seating arrangement. It's is very rare for me to ride alone. I don't like doing it and this hobby is a social thing for me. Although there is miliage in being fully immersed in a ride experience without distraction from other riders, I enjoy to share the experience. I like to sit next to somebody.
Totally agree - riding in single-file will just be weird! I'm sure it'll be a good ride though.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks fantastic. Already wanted to try out Fiesta Texas for a while now and this makes it even more tempting. Obviously capacity seems like a problem but that's being overshadowed by my excitement. It was interesting reading about how one big rail supposedly makes the ride far smoother and how traditional steel tracks can become rough depending on the rail alignment.

That's also exciting to hear about maybe some more Raptors coming elsewhere next year.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
That layout really does look brilliant! As others have said, riding single file will be odd, but it's a necessary sacrifice for the versatility, pacing and rapid direction changes that seem to be Raptor's key selling points? T-Rex will likely have a very different feel.

As far as capacity is concerned, 600pph is certainly achievable and 800 might even be too. If each train holds 8 riders, that's 75-100 dispatches per hour. That seems a lot, but let's consider a few key factors:

- Assuming they don't have seatbelts, Raptor trains may well be the easiest to load and dispatch in the industry. It's only 8 restraint checks - which can all be carried out by a single ride attendant; the single file arrangement means there's no need for anyone on the other side. It'll probably be even easier than Wild Mice - 1 minute dispatches would actually require a pretty lazy team of operators, especially if there's a separate unloading station.

- It's an RMC - meaning the pacing will probably be relentless. So we can assume a pretty short ride time and a train always in the station.

- Remember any brakes on the ride will be mounted on the side of the track. If you look at the rendering, there's nothing on the brake run (likely because the animation can't handle it), so if there is an MCBR, we wouldn't be able to spot it on the animation anyway. Also with side-mounting, there's a chance RMC could put MCBRs on curved pieces of track, so there doesn't necessarily need to be a straight, flat section of track anyway. If they do reuse the track from the prototype, you'd expect there to be a brake run just before the s-bend section.

Either way, this is extremely exciting news for the industry! The big question is where's the other Raptor(s) going? Knotts? CGA? Japan? Maybe even Kentucky Kingdom (although I'd say a T-Rex is more likely)? It's all up for grabs at this point.