What's new

Six Flags America Worth a Stop?

zips_6

Roller Poster
So, my family and I are heading down to Virginia for BGW and KD. As an early teen, my parents rightfully don't want to spend lots of money on amusement parks. But is Six Flags America, right along the route, worth a stop along the way?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Oh yes! It might not be the best looking, but S:ROS, Batwing, Wild One, and Joker's Jinx are all worth a visit. Though I was spited by 3 of those 4, I still had a good time at the park! Also, if you want, Penguin's Blizzard River is a great Water Ride(in my opinion). Make a stop if you can!

Snoo

The Legend
zips_6 said:
Snoo said:

Care to elaborate, please?

I went in 2007 and EVERY single person from this site who has visited since has shared that opinion. Everything you know to either be a stereotype of fact of how a SF park runs is true fact at SFA. If I had a free ticket and a week stay in DC, I still would not go.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I went last year and it was pretty nice. Superman is fab! I'd visit if I were you. It's a lot nicer than I expected.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I went last year and it was pretty nice. Superman is fab! I'd visit if I were you. It's a lot nicer than I expected.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
^ I think that VS840 is double posting in every thread.

If you like concrete I highly suggest going.

Ultimately, I say it's worth getting the creds if money allows you to go. With your count, Superman: RoS would maybe crack your top 10, but nothing else about the place will wow you. Hands down my least favorite Six Flags park I've been to.

Ben

CF Legend
I actually thought the park was alright when we visited last month, much better than when I went in 2008.

I'd go, it's worth a few hours if you're that way.