What's new

Six Flags America | Ragin Cajun | Zamperla Spinning Mouse

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Re: Six Flags America | Ragin Cajun | Zamperla Spinning Mous

louis_olswang said:
I don't see why they moved Ragin Cajun from Great America. I wonder what they will be putting in its place.

They moved it for two reasons:
1. It benefited Six Flags America more. The park had less coasters and it was a better fit over there. The park didn't really have a 'family' coaster that literally everyone would ride. Now they'll have one.
2. Great America already had a wild mouse. The Dark Knight Coaster. Yes, I realize that Ragin Cajun spun. But aside from that factor, the park just had two different variants of a wild mouse in one park. One indoor and one that spun.

njn63

Mega Poster

CPSFMMCW said:
Great America already had a wild mouse. The Dark Knight Coaster. Yes, I realize that Ragin Cajun spun. But aside from that factor, the park just had two different variants of a wild mouse in one park. One indoor and one that spun.
Ragin Cajun was pretty popular at SFGAM though. I would say 9/10 visits it had a longer line than Viper.

Hutch

Strata Poster

Update

The park's FB says the ride will be ready in May

10172642_10152899891925995_457791958_n.jpg

BBH

Giga Poster

njn63 said:
CPSFMMCW said:
Great America already had a wild mouse. The Dark Knight Coaster. Yes, I realize that Ragin Cajun spun. But aside from that factor, the park just had two different variants of a wild mouse in one park. One indoor and one that spun.
Ragin Cajun was pretty popular at SFGAM though. I would say 9/10 visits it had a longer line than Viper.
The ride itself wasn't all that popular, but the capacity and operation were pants.

Posted while reading your mind.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

RC's capacity issues arise from the fact that it's a bastardized mix of Reverchon and Zamperla ride tech, and then 6F took over as everything was pretty mixed up, and did the programming in-house using a non-standard PLC.

bmac

Giga Poster

Hopefully that issue can be remedied a little since it's being rebuilt but SFA is a satellite park and nothing was changed for Green Lantern when it was shipped over to Great Adventure.

BBH

Giga Poster

And the ride is now open. Here's its "station"...

img_20140620_142327.jpg

Image from TPR

Nicely done, Six Flags. Nicely done.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^Six Flags America is doing absolutely nothing to change its reputation as the wost park in the chain. :lol: