What's new

Six Flags America | Ragin Cajun | Zamperla Spinning Mouse

Hutch

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags America | "Ragin Cajun" | Zamperla Spinning Mo

Wasn't really expecting this to have the exact same name. Six Flags and their choice of names...

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

I actually really like spinning mouses. They are really simple good fun! :)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Not to sound stupid, but has it actually been confirmed that it is the one from SFGA that is being relocated?

jolash

Mega Poster

_koppen said:
Not to sound stupid, but has it actually been confirmed that it is the one from SFGA that is being relocated?

If so, that'll be a shame. It was one of the few creds I missed from GAm, so I won't be able to pick it up on a return to the park next year.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

BBH

Giga Poster

jolash said:
_koppen said:

If so, that'll be a shame. It was one of the few creds I missed from GAm, so I won't be able to pick it up on a return to the park next year.

What else did you skip?

You didn't miss anything with this. It was total and utter ****.

jolash

Mega Poster

^Looking at my counter, it looks like I actually only skipped this and their Vekoma family coaster. But since I've been, Goliath makes the 3rd new coaster. So I could've had a total of 5 new credits at the park.

bmac

Giga Poster

_koppen said:

Their artwork for it sure doesn't seem to deny it. I see a purple superman and a recolored Arachnophobia in the background :|

njn63

Mega Poster

BBH said:
You didn't miss anything with this. It was total and utter ****.
I disagree, it was a fun little ride and it always had a line way longer than it deserved.

If you want to ride a pile of ****, go ride Dark Knight. I'll never understand how Six Flags convinced everyone that installing those things was a good idea.

bmac

Giga Poster

njn63 said:
If you want to ride a pile of ****, go ride Dark Knight. I'll never understand how Six Flags convinced everyone that installing those things was a good idea.

SFNE didn't build theirs, and they had pieces actually at the park.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ But the coaster was then moved to SFM and did get built.

BBH

Giga Poster

As long as we put another Goliath-caliber coaster on the vacated lots, I'm totally fine with us sending all of our crap coasters to SFA.

Hutch

Strata Poster

When's the last time SFA got a new coaster that wasn't relocated from a different park? Just something brand new?

...I hope SFA doesn't eventually get a new coaster that's actually good, because I don't want to be tempted to go there. :p ;)

bmac

Giga Poster

Yup, and for 11 years that was their newest coaster.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

Some artwork has been posted on screams cape showcasing that along with ragin Cajun, the area has been entirely re-themed from southwest territory to Marti gras. Each of the ride there are also getting new names, with the exception of Wild One. Tower of Doom is now called VooDoo Drop, and the other rides have also been given new names. I like how they are actually giving the place some theming now. Southwest territory had absolutely no theming to it.

louis_olswang

Roller Poster
Re: Six Flags America | Ragin Cajun | Zamperla Spinning Mous

I don't see why they moved Ragin Cajun from Great America. I wonder what they will be putting in its place.