What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
CoasterForce are standing by at Silver Dollar City ready to relay all the juicy details!

This is definitely one of my most anticipated announcements, so will be great to finally see something official!

peep

CF Legend
That announcement video (on the live stream) couldn't stop repeating itself but it looks cool. I'm still not sold on it being a spinner but the inversion on the spinner in Tokyo was fab so I'm intrigued to see how this will ride. Also that drop is fab.

Ben

CF Legend
It looks weird as ****.

I can't help but think it'd have been better not spinning cause that's the worst and the layout seems to suffer because of it.

It's costing loads tho!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
DHXS3lpWAAAnidW.jpg

DHXaLOVUMAAA1Tr.jpg

Why does the first launch slow down then speed up....
omg those trims </3 I get why they need to be there but </3

Last edited:

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Pretty exciting layout! I'm really curious to find out how the spinning aspect will come out. I don't think I would have liked Helix more with spinning cars.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Some more marketing stuff with some more of the stats:

I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed about the spinning, but it looks like it'll be a great coaster. I'm particularly interested in the way the launches will feel in the spinning cars!

Ben

CF Legend
Looking at it more it looks proper ****e.

Nice theme but adding the spinning gimmick has led to a **** layout, trims on the drop, weakest launch in the World with that second one, womp womp.

Like everyone else, I wish it wasn't going to spin, and that they went with something more Taron or Maverick-esque, but I don't think it looks as bad as some people are making it out to be. I think the spinning cars will make a somewhat "meh" layout into something a little more wild, and I think it will ultimately be a fun and good experience. Do I think it will crack my top ten? Twenty? No. But, I think it will be good fun and I am looking forward to it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I am most intrigued about this coaster for 2018. The layout is good in general... but adding the spinning? Now that is a cool novelty. Haven't a clue if I'd like it or not, but well worth a try!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
And this will probably be a one and done cred for me as spinners make me feel ****ing gross. Still excited to ride and see if it's interesting, not super optimistic about it. Wish it were more thrill based with how much ground work they had to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah I agree with others that it could've been better without the spinning but I'm still pretty interested to see how this turns out. It's cool to see Mack try something out like this. I think it'll be a fun ride though, and honestly I wasn't expecting something this major a few months back.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I think it will be amazing and I want to see more of these extreme spinning coasters getting built, but I feel that SDC's terrain & setting is very special, unique and hard to come by and spinning, although great and disorientating, will take away from it. I want to say something forward facing like a mack mega coaster might have been the more perfect choice here, but who knows. Winjas works perfectly maybe this will too.